Four; Leaving atlanta

Althea was hurting, she had to watch her camp be a new home for the walkers, she watched her own friend be torn apart by zombies, she was afraid and didn't ever want to conquer this fear, she never wanted to feel this feeling of pain again.

She slowly closed her eyes, the mysterious person holding her was now inside a tent. They rubbed her back, muttering about how it would be okay. She didn't want to know who it was, all she wanted was for this person to hold onto her forever. “It's okay.” at that moment she had recognized that voice, it really couldn't have been him, right? He didn't care about anyone in camp.

The little girl raised her head to see none other then Daryl Dixon, his arms wrapped around her shaking figure. Tears welled up in her eyes, her usual bright ocean blue orbs filled with sadness. She then remembered Glenn, Shane, and- oh god Carl. What if they didn't make it? What if she lost her family? Althea started to pull away from Daryl, crawling away from him then going to the entrance of the tent. “I–I have to save them..!” she stuttered out, her voice cracking, “Carl! Carl!” she heard more gunshots from outside making her let out a painful sob. “I need to save Carl!” she shouted angrily, crawling out of the tent, that she realized was Glenn's, she noticed that a few walkers were still around the area, and she did something that she regretted.

Althea shouted again for the boy, seeing Jim holding a shotgun and pointing it at a walker. He shot at it not seeing the small female behind the corpse. It tore through the zombie, shooting her shoulder. She let out a loud and bloody scream, collapsing to her knees. “Althy!” she heard her friend, Glenn shout, running to her side. “Don't leave me..!” he whispered to the injured female, her head don his lap as she caressed her face. “Don't leave me, Althy! You'll get through this!” he started to cry, soon everything went black for the injured girl.

***

Althea soon woke up to see Dale's concerned expression, tears streaming down his face. “She's awake!” he shouted to the group, Glenn sprinting toward her. “A–Althy!” he fell to his knees beside her. “Is she okay?” The child heard Carl ask. Dale nodded to his question. “She just needs to be careful...” Shane whispered, the whole time he was sending Jim dirty looks.

Althea stood up, slowly walking towards the Grimes family. Lori ran towards her, gently hugging her and kissing her forehead. “You scared me so much...” she whispered, letting her go then cupping her cheeks. “It'll me okay...” she whispered, giving her a smile then walking away. Althea stared at Carl, she saw the tears running down his cheeks and how happy he looked to see her. “Althea!” he cheered, running to her and hugging her as tight as he could, not wanting to let her go. “Don't ever scare us like that...” he whispered in her ear, pecking her cheek in a gentle manner. “I won't, I promise...”

“But we're leaving, pack your stuff...”