── [08] ──

"Are you tired?"

He blinked, eyes rounding and his step halting mid-way, barely elevated from the ground but stiff as stone.

Donghyun rose a brow at the lack of a response, stepping into the lift as Bomin remained mute. The ash brown haired man was staring at him, he could feel it, and he'd have to smile now, show he was fine, really. Bomin's okay, he just had a busy day. Nothing a nice, long sleep couldn't fix.

"You good?"

Bomin nodded, smile already stitched to his lips, life beginning to flicker in his eyes like a light bulb being turned on whilst having a loose connection to power.

"I am, thanks for asking," He spoke, words robotic to his ears but merely a warm, sleepy tone to those of others, "I had quite a day and I'm really worn out."

Donghyun hummed, shoulders untensing and bowing his head as if he could empathise perfectly with the younger.

"I hear you, bud."

Bomin let out a quiet laugh, smile still strong on his pale mouth, hands now nestled into his hoodie's pockets.

"Then why are you going out at this time?"

The question was followed by a pause, their eye contact breaking as Donghyun glanced to the screen of his phone.

"My mother's not very well so I'm going to care for her tonight."

Whilst the taller's smile faltered, Donghyun's grew, afraid and feeble, but a sign of strength shining through that the former could only envy, because he could see that there was very little hope shining within his eyes and nonetheless he had curled his lips up.

"I'm really sorry to hear that," He dropped his sight to the other's half laced-up boots and momentarily felt his mind go blank until it rebooted.

"I'll let you get going. Goodnight."

"It's okay. Night, sleepyhead."

⇻•×•⇺

Please vote, comment and share!
thanks for reading