Disclaimer (i.e., Haters Back Off)

So hello all you wonderfully lovely people of the world.

        The ever-amazing @BlindeyeFlye has inspired me to create a Spirited Away fanfiction. Spirited Away is a film created by the completely magnificent Hiyao Miyasaki about a young girl named Chihiro who finds herself trapped in a place called the Spirit World, where spirits of the world abide. If you haven't watched the film, I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT. Like, seriously. This movie is one of the best I've ever seen, and I love movies. You will cry, and you will laugh, and your heart will be warmed. It's cute, it's believable, it's absolutely gorgeous, and it's nothing like you've ever seen it before. Also, I won't be doing any backtracking in this book for those of you who haven't seen it. So go now and get yourself a copy of this wonderful film and watch it. Thanks.

        So Spirited Away is amazing. It's also not mine. Any characters, places, pictures, ideas, etc belongs to Studio Ghibli and Miyasaki-san himself. So don't look at me. Seriously, all I own is my name on the cover and my storyline. This is for pure fun.

        That being said, don't get mad at me if you don't like my continuation of Spirited Away. I'm no professional writer, so don't freak over grammatical or technical mistakes. Also, as much as I love Spirited Away, I am not an expert, so if I get something wrong, please don't jump all over me. Point it out, but don't like go "OMG VIOLETTE JUST RUINED EVERYTHING." Finally, I sure as heck ain't Hayao Miyasaki. Trust me. I'd know. I'd be brilliant, busy, world-renown, and Japanese. Also, I'd be getting paid for this. But I'm not. I'm not going to butcher the magnificent story we all know and love, but I also can't write the "sequel" to the point where it is like a legit continuation of the movie. I'm writing Chihiro from a first person POV and in my own writing style, which is no doubt going to shake things up a bit. Also, I'm an American, so, like, yeah. I'm not going to be totally on top of all the Japanese traditions and beliefs and culture in the film. Keep this in mind.

        Now that we have all the technicalities done, let me welcome you to my fanficition! I do hope you enjoy the story and laugh and cry and mentally hug all your favorite characters and have just as much fun reading this as I do writing this.

        Also, thanks to @BlindeyeFlye again for the inspiration and support. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you. Go insane, maybe. (Or be sane, for one. But insane is more fun than sane, sooo . . . ;P.)

        And so, without further ado, I give you . . . Home Again: A Spirited Away Fanfiction!