Chapter Two: City of Ashes Part One

"Operation Red Harvest reduced much of Berlin to ash. But legions of Nazi Zombies still gather in the bomb-blasted ruins of the city." - Narrator 

Location: Ruined apartment building, Berlin, Germany 

Date: August 25, 1945

Wolfgang's POV

It's already an hour since the initial attacked of the undead on our holdout but we manage to hold them I told my new American friends that they should rest it would take a little journey  before we can reach the next safe house. I'm currently examine the map for the best route possible to get to the safe house with out getting any of us killed but with the initiation of Operation Red Harvest most of the routes that are shortcuts to every safe house and to HQ is completely block off by ruble or blockades that the Wehrmacht or the Red army used to prevent the undead from entering key areas but from the looks of it none of those really worked out. I decided to use the radio to contact the General about my current situation.

me: General, this is Captain Wolfgang reporting in outpost #42, I repeat, This is Captain Wolfgang reporting in outpost #42

General: Ah "The Green Devil" what can I do for you mate?

me: Is Karl Fairburne and Beth Coleman their General?

General: yes my old chap why do you need them?

me: I meet some "interesting" friends to say the least base from their accent their american and I was wondering if any of our american friends brought others with them?

General: Hold on I get them for you.

I take a few moments before Karl and Beth are in the radio.

Karl: This is Karl, Friedrich what do you mean that you found other Americans?

This confused me for one I would have thought that he would know or Beth would know since both of them OSS operatives.

me: I thought you or Beth would know that their are other Americans here in Berlin?

Beth: What do they look like because based on the reports that we received the allies will not send us any manpower if we don't lessen the presence of Nazi zombies here in Berlin.

me: Well for starters they have different attire than yours they have some type camouflage uniforms and wear some type of armor and different style of helmet almost lookalike of the Stalhelm that we wear.

Beth: How about their weapons?

me: Different from ours and never seen anything like it before and mostly their ammunition is chambered in "5.56x45mm NATO" round that what they have told me but mostly their pistols is chambered in 9mm and .45 acp which we have but i don't know about their primary weapons though.

Beth: I'll try to contact the allies if they can make us those type of rounds but for the mean time let them use our weapons since we don't want them running low on ammo they might be useful on our upcoming battle against the Nazi zombies.     

me: That's about it nothing more to report see you guys soon back at HQ and Beth make sure that you and Karl don't do anything extreme in HQ because people would want some sleep and their are kids in their for crying out loud.

Beth W-what do you mean by that?

me: you know what I mean I was not able to get any sleep the last time when you guys did your "exercise" in the room that is beside mine.

Beth: Sorry about that.

me: don't worry see you guys soon.

Then I finish my radio transmission to HQ as if on time the american female started to wake up I put on my helmet and look on the map again examining and looking to her and saying.    

me: Ah Oberleutnant you are finally awake.

Jennifer's Pov

I my body hurts it feels like I got hit by a truck going 40mph I started to look at my surrounding and saw that we are in some type ruined building because I can see the sky and their are just rubble when I look at my uniform I'm basically wearing my army fatigues I look around and found my squad sleeping. It took me some time to get used my surrounding until I heard a voice.

???: Ah Oberleutnant you are finally awake.

I look at the source of the voice and found a soldier wearing a all green uniform and is by the table with a radio set and is examining the map. I make my way their slowly since it still hurts to move once I got their I analyzed his uniform and from the looks of it he's a paratrooper based on the out fit his wearing so I decide to ask who he is.

me: who are you?

When he looked at me he might be the best looking man I've ever since I last in a relationship.

???: Captain Friedrich Wolfgang, 1st Fallschirmjäger Divison. He said to me with a smile which could make any girl fall in lo- BRAIN STOP thinking like that we are in a war zone here.

me: 1st lieutenant Jennifer Hawkins, 1st Recon Battalion. I said with a smile 

Wolfgang: Jennifer what a lovely name for a beautiful fraulein like you. He said again with that smile of his.

I try to hide my blush with my unbounded hair but failed miserably then he started to laugh at me I pout at him and he quickly notice this.

Wolfgang: you look more cute if you do that not gonna lie. 

I punch his arm in a friendly way and he acted that it hurt for him and this brought a giggle out of me.

me: you know for us to meet for the first time we started to get along very well with each other.

Wolfgang: I suppose you can say that would you agree. Leaning his face close to mine which brought the heat in my face.

Wolfgang: You know did anyone tell you that you look cute when you blush more.

This depend the reddish shade in my face in to triple the amount

me: No my last boyfriend never notice small things about me. I said looking down he held my chin with his fingers to make me look in to his eyes those lovely brown eyes.

Wolfgang: hey don't be sad he probably never give the time nor effort to notice this small things about you. But for me this little things what brings out your true beauty. He said 

I don't know what compel us to do it but we slowly leaned towards each other and before our lips meet I heard Montes saying.     

Montes: Get a Room you Two!!! He said we immediately separated from each other That cock blocking bastard. 

 After we separated with each other me and Friedrich glared at Montes for ruining our moment he quickly got it and stayed quiet. Blackburn and Campo can only chuckle at that and Blackburn remarked to the captain.

Blackburn: I don't know how you two done it but it looks like both of you are in love with each other but captain if you hurt her you are facing the 3 of us you got it.

Wolfgang: Don't worry Staff Sargent I wont hurt her you have my word as a officer and gentleman. He said smiling at me 

I smiled from It knowing this place not be as bad as it looks apart form the undead walking around

(That is it for this chapter I will add love interest for each character with minor exception of Dr. Efram, Montes, and Blackburn his married for crying out loud. for the couples in this story Karl Fairburne & Beth Coleman second is Friedrich Wolfgang & Jennifer Hawkins lastly Steve Campo & Anya Bochkareva. Also in the future chapters  we would get to know that Wolfgang is married before the war and his family is a victim of the Hitler's Nazi zombie army during the hospital being over run so he might have some PTSD scenarios because of their deaths. Again thanks for your support and comment down below on what you think about this chapter should we give David Montes a love partner or not let me know in the comments below. This is yours truly signing out.)