Chapter 3

Jake POV

"Simon? What are you doing?" I ask him, and he turns a bright shade of red.

"N-n-nothing" Simon says while backing away. "Uh, I just saw something on your fur... I thought you were sleeping?" He rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed. He's adorable. Wait, was he checking out my body? Does he like me? Is he gay? Thoughts were whirling around in my head.

We stood there awkwardly for a minute, when Simon says "My parents should be expecting me home."

"Oh, well then see you tomorrow."

Simon's POV

"Bye," I said.

I walked down the street, my mind wandering about Jake. Suddenly, I snapped back to reality. God, Jake must think I'm a huge creep. He looked so peaceful on the couch, and his beautiful body lured me in. I arrived home and was greeted by my mom.

"Hey, how was school? How are your teachers? Did you find any friends?" she threw a boatload of questions at me.

"Good, okay, and yes," I answered with a giggle.

I walked into the dining room and smelled the delicious steak that was set on the table. My dad was sitting on the far end, reading the paper. My siblings were horsing around in the living room.

"Who'd you make friends with?" My mom inquired.

"Uh, a wolf named Jake." I dreamily recalled his handsome smile as I said his name. I told her about how I felt about him at the dinner table.

"Thanks Mom," I said while I finished the juicy steak that she made for dinner. She was the best cook in the whole wide world. I let out a yawn as I headed up to my room, and then threw off all my clothes before collapsing into bed.

___

"Simon... what are you doing here?"

He walked up to me and pulled me in. My heart pumped faster and faster as our muzzles got closer, until-

I woke up to the sound of my damn alarm clock.

"Nggh... I wanna dream..."

"SIMON! YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" My mom hollered from the kitchen.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. I murred as the warm water hit my ruffled, dirty fur. I then got dressed and headed into the kitchen.

"Bye Mom," I yelled as I threw on my coat and bag and sprinted out the door. Jake was waiting at the bus stop.

"You made it just on time," Jake grinned.

"What? I'm a heavy sleeper." I punched him in the arm.

__

"Wanna sleep over at my house?" I asked Jake as we were heading to the buses after school.

"Yeah, sure."

We entered my house and my mom greeted us with enthusiasm.

Jake's POV

"Oh! You must be... Jake! I've heard lot about you!" Simon's mom said cheerfully. I blushed a little and Simon went as red as a tomato.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"Please, do come in."

"Thank you."

I looked around Simon's enormous house. The foyer stretched two stories, an antique chandelier hung from the ceiling, and two grand staircases led to the second floor.

"Wow, your house is amazing," I said.

"Thanks, my dad got a new job. That's also why we moved here." he said. "Anyway, my room is upstairs."

We played some video games on his PlayStation, and I was able to actually beat him at the ones I'm more competitive at.

"I'll get you next round," Simon snarled playfully, and we both laughed.

"Dinner's ready!" Simon's mom called from downstairs.

"Let's go eat dinner," Simon suggested. I nodded in agreement.

A lasagna was in the center of the grand dining table. I licked my lips. The smell was mouth-watering. Simon's entire family gathered at the table, his little brother, his little sisters, his dad, and his mom. We took a seat next to each other.

Once everyone was seated, we all dug in. The taste of the lasagna was heavenly.

"So, Simon's told me a lot about you, Jake!" Simon's mom said.

"Oh really? Like what?" I grinned.

Simon blushed.

"That Simon has a huge crus-" Simon's little sister piped up. Simon put his paw over her mouth.

"N-n-nothing! Nothing at all!" Simon gave his mom the death stare. Everybody at the table cracked up.

"W-whats so funny?" Simon's face turned into a light shade of pink.