Everything comes to an End (one shot)

I woke up from the sounds of the loud ticks of the clock, the birds chirping near our window, and people chattering on the floor below us. The simple dream that has some kind of inner meaning was the real reason I woke up. There was a rose. The rose was beautiful with its vibrant color and petals blooming. It was located in a bush along with withered roses. A few minutes later, it started to wither. It's petals falling one by one. I gasped from it. The gasp was loud enough to wake up the entire room. He only woke up because he felt the emptiness of his lap when I removed my head and arms in it. I found Josh staring at me with gleeful eyes sitting on his hospital bed, back resting at the humungous pillows.

"Oh you're up, want something?" I asked him as I brush my tangled hair with my fingers. Josh smiled and gently removed my hand from my hair and replaced it with his.

"Yeah, you" He quietly said as he continued brushing my hair. I smiled warmly at him and gently laid my head on his warm chest. Josh can't move much. He's stuck in his hospital bed. He has problem with his bones that hardly made him move his legs. Then when we sent him to the hospital one time, one of the doctors declared that Josh has rare disease that weakens the victim as the day goes by. It made me stop believing that we can still run together in the fields. But Josh said, with a little patience, love and cash, he'll be out of the bed and he'll start dragging me to the fields.

"Aren't you hungry?" I asked him looking up to his head. He lowered his head to make it only an inch afar from mine.

"Nope" He grinned slyly. "With just you, I feel complete." I almost punched him. Josh is in his old goofy self, making cheesy lines that makes you laugh.

"No, seriously, it's been 10 hours since you've last eaten. I'll get you something to eat." I tried getting up from my position but Josh was too quick to wrap his arms on my waist making me fall on his lap.

"You're not leaving" Josh whispered in my ear.

"Josh, seriously. I need to get you something to eat." I said. He looked at me, gazing into my eyes. His grin deepened, like he thought of something.

"Unless you give me a kiss on the cheek, I'll let you go afterwards."

"NO" I refused, shaking my head. I tried getting away but he was too strong. Curse his strong arms.

"Come on Rasp." Josh calls me Rasp. My real name is Berry when he learned that, he gave me a bunch of raspberries that the next day he starts calling me Rasp.

"It's been a long time since I felt those soft lips of yours on my cheek. Come on, my flesh is nothing without your love." The pleading and begging was killing me that I finally gave in, being the mature one of course.

"But just one kiss, on the cheek!" I said. He nodded. I turned my head to plant a kiss on his cheeks but as it turns out it landed on his lips.

"Nasty" He uttered. He let go then I waved at him when I was about to leave. When I got to the cafeteria, I ordered up Josh's favorite meal: Tuna sandwich and chicken soup. I saw a horde of doctors holding charts and huge books then sat in the middle of the empty tables. As I pass them, I heard one mentioned Josh's name that made me sat near them and pretend to be eating the soup.

"I can't believe we're going to lose that Russo kid!" a doctor with a unique mustache exclaimed.

"So do I!" Girl doctor agreed. "We can't do anything here."

"Yes we can!" A bald doctor said. "Joshua K. Russo is one of the sons of the richest men in Manhattan! We need to keep him alive or find some cure!"