-Epilogue-

~25 Years Later~

I can't help but feel nostalgic as I walk Scorpius to Platform 9 3/4 for his last first day of school. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that I was boarding the train for my last first day. It really doesn't feel like Scorpius should almost already be done at Hogwarts. It's hard to swallow the fact that it's almost time for him to graduate and make his mark on the world with his best friend Albus Potter and girlfriend Rose Weasley. I just wish his mother, Astoria, could be here to see him.

"What's wrong, Scorp?" I ask my son who is awkwardly fiddling with the strap on his rucksack. "I figured you'd be excited to start your last year of school."

"Rose and I are fighting and honestly, I just wish Mom was here. She always knew what to say," Scorpius drops his trunk and looks around for his friends.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "I wish she was too. What's going on with Rose, maybe I can help."

"She's just so difficult, I feel like I can never do anything right," he huffs. "Maybe I should just end it now before she drives me crazier."

I shake my head, "If you let her go, you'll regret it."

"Why? How would you know?"

"Because one day you're going to see her holding hands with someone who took your chance." I look across the platform and see Hermione with Weasley. "She won't even notice you because she's too busy laughing with him at a stupid joke he made. And it will rip your heart to shreds seeing that beautiful smile on her face and realizing that you will never have the chance to be the reason she's smiling ever again. Then it will hit you: it was her. It was always her."

"But Father," Scorpius argues, "I don't love her. She's too difficult to love. I can't do it anymore."

I shake my head, "Scorpius you've loved her from the moment you saw her. I know, I was there. I know it seems too hard now, I said the same thing, " I continue to watch Hermione as she talks with Ron and Harry. "I said I didn't love her and that we were doomed from the start. So, I sabotaged a relationship with the woman I always wanted. Please don't make the same mistake I did. I don't want you to regret it like I do."

I finally look over at my son, "You're not talking about Mom, are you."

"No," I explain. "I loved your mother, but there was someone else that I loved more truly and deeply than your mother."

"Who was it?"

I look back over to Hermione and he follows my gaze, "Rose's mo, Hermione Granger."

"Oh Merlin..." Scorpius breaths. "We really are similar. At least in our taste in women."

I ruffle his hair and huffs and works to put it back in its place, "I suppose we are. But trust me, if Rose is half as amazing as her mother, you never want to lose her."

Scorpius nods and picks up his trunk and owl, "I should probably go make my presence known. You don't have to come with me if you don't want to."

"Of course I'll come. I'm off until tomorrow so I'll be here until I can't see the train anymore. It's the least I can do. " I smile at the boy who looks just like I did at his age, except he has his mother's hazel eyes. He's even wearing my old black suit.

"Thanks, Dad. It means a lot that you're here with me," He looks over to me. "And thanks for the advice."

"It's what I'm here for. I know I haven't always been the best father, but I want you to know that I love you, Scorpius. No matter what."

"I love you too, Dad. I know Mom's death was hard on you and you did the best you could," Scorpius states. "You always got me everything I wanted and I just hope I can make you proud."

I smile as I walk with him over to his friends. I watch with a fond smile was he talks an laughs with Albus and locks fingers with Rose.

"Hey you," I hear a voice in my ear so painfully familiar.

"Hello, Granger," I nod to the bushy haired woman. "Long time no see."

She chuckles, "It's Granger-Weasley now, Malfoy. And it's only been a few months." We both look over at our children as they kiss. "Looks like history is repeating itself, huh?"

"I suppose it is. I just hope Scorpius is smarter than I was at his age." I finally lock eyes with her, "If I had a time turner, I'd go back in time and talk myself out of it in a heart beat."

She tilts her head slightly, "You really regret us that much?"

"No, I regret losing the best thing that ever happened to me," I state.

"Don't say that."

I study her face for a moment, "Why, it's true."

"Because Malfoy, "She spits my name out of her mouth, "we haven't talked about us since you broke it off twenty-five years ago with no explaination. I moved on, I have a daughter and son that love me with a man that isn't you. You have a son with a wife that deserves to be remembered for having a loving husband. You should have taken your chance while you had it back in Hogwarts,"

Her words sting and I know I deserve it, "I know, and I'm happy that you're living the life you deserve. You deserve to be happy. Even if your happiness with him kills me."

(25 Years Earlier Flashback)

"I love you," Hermione whispers as we lay in bed.

"Uhmm..."

She looks up from my chest, "Why do you never say it back?"

I simply shrug in response.

"I hate this," she snaps. "I hate that you're always so cut off from me."

"You knew how I was when you got with me. Why are you so upset?"

"I thought you'd change." Hermione exclaims as she gets up and starts dressing. "I feel like I keep putting myself out there and then I keep getting shut down. I can't keep waiting for you to say it back to me. I love you Draco."

"You say you can't keep waiting on me to say 'I love you too,' but I have said it. You were just too busy to notice.

"It poured over the umbrella that I always held for you in the rain. It was in every kiss I placed on your cheek to get rid of the tears. It was baked for you in the cake that I got for you and the biggest slice that I gave to you. It was in the way that I held you close as we flew on my broomstick at midnight.

"I might not have said those four words in the old, standard way, but I was taught that actions speak louder than anything I could ever possibly say.

"So, if you're really tired on waiting for those four words to leave my throat, all I can say is that it's cold outside. So, don't forget your coat." I meet her gaze as the tears fall down her cheeks.

Two weeks later I broke it off and stepped down from the Headboy position. I felt as though I was doing her a favor by just leaving without an explanation. I wanted to protect her from the pain I was bound to cause when the Aurors decided I was guilty.

"I though you would be better off without me," I state sadly. "The Aurors were after me and I didn't want them going after you as well. You have to believe me."

She nods and turns to the kids as they start picking up their trunks and owls.

Scorpius comes up, hugs me, and whispers in my ear, "What were you and Hermione talking about?"

"Nothing," I lie as I stroke his hair. "You have a safe ride and an amazing last year. I'll see you at Christmas."

"I love you, Dad. I'll miss you," he states. He shoots me a Malfoy smirk, "I heard they're getting a divorce. If you still want her, go get her."

I nod as he steps towards the train right as the last call sounds. I stand at the edge of the platform and watch the train until it is finally out of sight. I'm really going to miss him.