PART 12 || HEART TO HEART

"From a seed up through sapling,
Daughter phoenix rise."

Cara's pov

Cara's pov

The first thing I felt was pain literally everywhere. It felt like my blood was on fire burning me from the inside out. It even hurt to a scrunch my eyes up. I hadn't even opened them yet and I knew it was going to be unbearable. The light seemed to shine as bright as day through my lids. Was I dying? Worse still, was I dead?

"Lady Cara?" It was muffled and the ringing in my ear distorted the sound but I could here someone. I didn't know who but it was someone.

"Lady Cara, can you hear me? Try and get some rest." Had I not already been sleeping? As I tried to make some sound I felt the hoarseness of my throat? Dry and stinging as I tried to clear it or cough. Had I been screaming. It felt like my vocal cords had been ripped out. I think that would have been easier to bear. The pain eased a little as I felt myself drift of into nothingness.

Rose P.O.V.

"Rose?" I felt a slight tug on my sleeve. My marble 'pillow' wasn't exactly comfy but I was content. I was still on the bench but apparently I had drifted off. Why was he trying to disturb me.

"Come on Rose, I think you need to go to bed" A hand lay gently on my shoulder

"Five more minutes Fallír." I mumbled half asleep.

"I'm not the elf" The gruff voice whispered close me. As my eyes snapped open I came face to face with Fili. Forgetting I was on the bench I scramble backward with a yelp falling on to the floor before running to the other side of the balcony. My heart race vaulted at the fright and now there was no way of calm my wolf. I panted gasping for breath I felt the claws scratching in my head.

"Rose I'm sorry I didn't mean the scare you."

"Fili you need to run, now!"

"Please I mean it. I am sorry." It was more painful changing out of fear. You have no control of your wolf in these situations. I can't hurt him. I just can't.

Fili tried step closer willing my thoughts out of the darkness.

"Stay with me Rose. Just stay calm."

I grunted and cried in pain as my wolf tried to change me. The claw protruding from my fingers and my teeth grew larger and sharper. I pulled at my hair willing the pain away. What I wasn't expecting was for a figure to shadow me from Fili snarling like Cara on a Monday morning.