Chapter 2

Akairou's pov

As I passed the room I knew as the teacher's lounge, I heard the door begin to rattle open. Not being in the mood for any form of social interaction, I sped up my pace.

"Jeez, talk about seriously bad timing. I've already reached my limit of talking to people today, being stared at by an entire classroom really did me in. Just keep walking-"

The person must've noticed me, because I heard their footsteps getting closer. I supposed they had good reason. A very short person, who isn't staff, and isn't wearing a uniform must be mad sus, but damn, If it didn't make my heart race with anxiety.

I damn near jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I froze out of sheer fucking terror.

"Ah, so this is how I die. A fucking heart attack, in the middle of an empty hallway."

"Hey there listener, you feelin' alright?"

My panic was temporarily paused when I heard that voice. I knew that voice. I've been hearing that voice damn near my whole life. I turned slowly to face the owner of the voice, and was greeted by the face of the one and only Voice Hero: Present Mic, or as I knew him, Hizashi Yamada.

My legs nearly gave out from sheer relief of seeing a familiar face. It's been a little while since I've seen the cockatoo-esque man. He treated me to lunch about two weeks ago, for reasons he never bothered to mention, and I didn't really care enough to ask about.

"Akairou? What are you doin' here?! How ya' been?!" He all but yelled. I recoiled, my ears sensitive to the man's high volume. I could tell that Patricia wasn't exactly happy about the noise either. I reached up to flick his forehead to try to get him to be quiet.

"I'm happy to see you too, Mikey, but I'm mute, not deaf. Try to be a little quieter please?"

He sheepishly put his hand on the back of his neck. He always had the tendency to lose control of his quirk when he was exited about something, or just by simply talking, making him the loudest person the knew, and sometimes wishing I had my brother's quirk.

"Heh, sorry about that. What are you doing here?" He asked again, thankfully much quieter this time.

"Sho was late on his payment, so I came to collect what was owed."

"You make it sound so sinister..." He sweatdropped.

Hizashi ruffled my hair, making it even more of a mess. "Sucks that you had to come all this way in the cold, I know how much you hate it." I swatted his hand away for what seemed like the trillionth time in my lifetime so far.

Right before I was about to bid my tall friend farewell, I snapped my fingers, remembering something. I began to gently run my hands under my scarf, my fingers coming into contact with the cold and sleek scales of Patricia. Mic watched curiously as I gently pulled by scaled companion forth from the confines of my scarf and presented her to him.

His whole face seemed to light up at the sight of her. It never ceased to confuse me, how he despised little tiny bugs, yet adored a species that could, and has, proved to be dangerous.

"You brought Patricia with you?" He reached out two fingers to softly rub the top of her head. I gently unwrapped the rest of her and set her in Hizashi's hands, where she then began to make her way up her arms.

"Of course I did, she's baby."

Hizashi had opened his mouth to respond when we heard the door to the teacher's lounge rattle open from behind him. He turned to face whoever had just exited, and I comically craned my body to peek around his body.

"Ah, Yamada, there you are! Have you-" The man froze when he saw me, and the four and a half foot long snake coiled around Hizashi's arms. I took this this time to examine the man in who stood frozen in the door. He was tall, like, hella tall, and looked sickly. Alarmingly skinny, and his face was incredibly gaunt and is skin sunk into his skull. His forehead shadowed his eyes, giving the illusion that there was nothing there but pinpricks of baby blue.

"Oh, hey, Yagi!" Hizashi greeted the man. I squinted my eyes. Was this man a teacher here? He must be, I don't recognize him, but Mic is familiar with him. He's obviously staff of some sort here.

Mic turned to me, a smile plastered on his face. "Akairou, this is Yagi Toshinori, this is first year teaching here."

I waved at the man, who waved back, a friendly if not confused smile on his face. "Yamada, if I may ask, who is this?"

"Oh! This is Aizawa Akairou, Aizawa's little sister."

Yagi eyed my crocodile-like tail that I had wrapped around my leg. He seemed confused about something.

"I'm adopted, if that's what you're wondering."

I didn't know if the man actually knew sign language, so that was probably dumb of me to do. But, the confusion on Yagi's face seemed to disappear, so I guess he could?

"Ah, that explains the uh, tail. Young Aizawa, what is your quirk, if you do not mind my asking?"

Mic and I shared a glance, before he shrugged.

"My quirk is called 'Reptile'. I can commune and understand what a reptile of any species and genus is saying/thinking. I can also shapeshift into any reptile, I just have to understand the structure of their DNA. I can also turn my hair into tiny snake, kind of like that one Greek myth. I'm also a really good swimmer, because of my tail."

I shook my hands out as they began to cramp from moving them around so much. I took off my scarf so I could take Patricia back from Mic and be on my way.

"Yeah, Kai here also has a degree in Herpetology, and has started a business with a friend from college. Ain't she cool?" I swatted Mic's hand away as he teasingly pinched my cheek. I huffed as I uncoiled Patricia from Mic's arms and put her back around my shoulders, and putting my scarf on top of her, hiding her from the world

"That's quite impressive, Young Aizawa. You've made quite successful living for yourself despite being so young!"

"I'm only 26..."

Hizashi and Yagi continued to make conversation, (mostly about me, much to my embarrassment) when my phone made the Mario coin sound, telling me that a have received a message. I opened my phone to see a text from my friend since college, Akura Kakuritsu.

Checkers

Hey, you down for some lunch?

That One Greek Myth

Am I ever

where and when are you thinking?

Checkers

I'm thinking that café down the street from your place at 2?

That One Greek Myth

sounds good, see you then, I'll pay

Checkers

Coolio, see you soon.

I put my phone back in my jacket pocket, and tapped Hizashi's arm to get his attention.

"Hey, I've gotta blast. I'll see you later, Mikey."

"Oh, alright! I'll see you later, Kai!"

I waved goodbye to Yagi and Mic and sped off to go pay my rent, and hopefully get some sleep so I don't involuntary pass out.

"New mission: pay the rent, take a nap, and hopefully wake up on time to meet Akura"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1281 words

Chapter two: Revised! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Also, shout out to my good friend for letting use their oc in this trashy book of mine.

Have a lovely day everybody! Goodbye!