Search

>> tempest stuff, requested by anon

>> abuse mention, lots of weapons so if ur uncomfy with weapons this isn't for u

>> Third Person POV <<

Ever since Tempest had found a ring with his mother's name and an unknown man's name, he had been curious. When he had shown it to his mother, she threw it outside, but he had kept it. He was sitting on the sand by the pond where he found it, tracing his finger over every crack and carving in the golden ring. He slid the ring onto his finger and looked at it.

It was definitely a wedding band, but he wanted to keep it so he could find out its mysteries. Who was the other man? Why had his mother hidden him from Tempest for so long?

Tempest's mother was an awful person, she often hit him, downgraded him, and put him through enough labor for 5 horses. No wonder she kept so many secrets, she hated her own son. He stood, brushing the sand off his blue rags for clothes.

He headed over to his hiding spot in the woods behind the cabin, where he often hid to get away from people. He moved the tattered blanket of a doorway and walked inside. He had been working on tools and armor since he was a child, looking through the old swords, spears, and shields he had in piles that he had made before. He used to use vines and bendable twigs to tie his creations together but now he used sap and other things to piece stones and wood together. He lifted up his current mask he was working on.

It was bland, since he hadn't painted it with the pigments he had stolen from passing caravans. He looked toward his paints he had made and grabbed more rocks. He had made a wheel out of a stronger stone than what he used for his creations and made a petal and a string he pulled to spin it. He pulled the string and pushed the petal with his foot repeatedly, pushing the rock against the other stone. Sparks flew into the air and hit him but he didn't care. He smoothed the rock and made a back plate for his mask and took two, long stones to carve and sand into horns.

When he had pieced it all together, it was easy to take off. There were two bucklss, one buckle on the back and one on the top between the horns. He had also stolen those. He took bark and covered the buckles before coloring everything else. He then laid it somewhere for the night to dry.

When he returned the next morning after chores, he placed the mask onto his head and buckled it on. It fit snugly and his hair combined with fabric he glued in provided a soft cushion for his head. He grabbed a shield and pulled it over his hand-made gloves. He grabbed his sword as well and his sheath he had also made. He tied the sheath to his belt securely and put the sword into it. He grabbed his backpack and pulled it onto his back. He then grabbed his bow that was placed near the entrance and followed his instincts and the sun.

He had stopped multiple times on his journey to sleep or find more food before he saw rough outlines of buildings. He started to run but the heat of the area was too much and he stopped at a small oasis and splashed his face with water. The animals made way for the male like he was one of them and he cupped his hands in the water before taking a large drink from the water. His face and mask were wet from the water and the inside of his mask as well as the collar and armpits of his shirt were soaked with sweat. He headed back to the buildings in the distance before being stopped by two males who had more advanced armor and weaponry than the small boy.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" One of the men asked, holding swords.

"I'm um.. here to see an uh..." He looked at the ring on his finger at the engravings. "An Abida Hershey?"

The guards looked at eachother then at the boy. "I'm sorry, son, but Abida is dead. He's been dead for a couple years."

"D-Does he have any surviving family members..?" He could have a half sibling! Tempest's hands shook with anticipation as one of the guards nodded.

"Yes, he is our current Saint. Would you like to meet him?"

"Yes please!" Tempest truly felt like a kid again waiting for the sight of caravans and people walking through the forest since they seemed so cool and foreign to him.

"Alright, follow us.."