CHAPTER 3: THE PROPOSAL

3: The proposal

Jake stared at the woman before him.

She was fine. In fact, fine was a mighty understatement.

But she was the daughter of Kevin Woods! And no matter how fine she was, she brought back memories that he would have preferred for them to stay buried.

"Whatever it is you have to say, I'm not interested. In fact I don't want to hear it." he mumbled and laid back onto the bed, signalling that their discussion was over.

"Well since you here in my house and my bed, and you don't have any clothes, I'll say you don't really have a choice about listening to me." Alyaise spoke to him defiantly.

"Well by all means, go ahead and talk to yourself all you want" Jake spoke, turning his back to her.

"I need you to marry me, Jake" She spoke with a calmness that surprised him.

Jake remained quiet, his back still turned towards her.

Of all the absurd things he had heard in his life, this one topped the charts. This woman really must have lost it after the death of her father.

"Jake, I need your help. And I know you need the money in order to help Amelia" Alyaise spoke.

Jake's whole body tensed up at her words. He turned and grabbed Alyaise's hands, squeezing them tightly.

"What have you done to her? I swear to God if you so much as touched a strand of -"

"Slow down, Jake. I did not touch her. In fact I'm here with a proposal. I know you need money for her treatment. I will help you pay all her medical bills if you just agree to my proposal" she spoke feeling a twinge of guilt for using his situation as a means of persuasion.

But she was desperate and this was the only way.

"And if I refuse your proposal?" He asked.

Alyaise flinched.

"If you refuse, I'd just have to go and find someone better than you" she spoke and he snorted.

"Good luck sweetheart. You know that there is no one one in the game right now who can outskill me." He answered her smugly.

"I'm aware. Which is why I really need you to do this. It's a win win situation here. I get a husband and you get funds for Amelia's nedication" she spoke.

Jake remained quiet for some time, a thousand thoughts racing through his head. But one question still bothered him.

"You still haven't explained to me why you're doing this, Miss Woods"

"It's really none of your business to be honest"

"I beg to differ. I mean I am going to be your husband, aren't I?"

"You're only going to be my husband for a few months. Don't be so smug. And besides, you'll just be my husband on paper. We wouldn't owe each other any marital obligations or shit like that" Alyaise explained trying her best not to show that she really did not want this fake marriage at all.

"Okay then. So what obligations would we owe each other?"

"I have set up a contract, Mr Adams. Take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, then we can discuss" she said getting up from the chair.

Jake frowned as he watched her walking out.

He was not used to being ordered around. He was not sure if he liked it or if it irked him. But one thing he was sure of was that he was suddenly very interested in what Alyaise had to offer.

Not just because of the monetary benefits, but also because he was really curious about the woman.

He could tell she was a woman who loved control. And that turned him on more than anything. Although what really turned him on was the vision of him breaking her down, and being the one in control. I smile fell onto his lips as the image flashed itself in his head.

Alyaise on her knees, handing control over to him.
He stood up, and groaned as his member stood proud in front of him.

______

"Sit down, Jake" Alyaise said as Jake walked into her office.

She was fighting the urge to ogle at the man. The man was an actual Adonis. He cleaned up good. Had it been yesterday she wouldn't have given him a second glance.

But now...
She could spare a few glances.

"Here is the contract. You will be my husband, on paper, for a 6 month period. You will partially take over leadership of the gang from me. Your aim is to make us as much money as you can in a period of 6 months. The Elites will be checking you to make sure you're not slacking. Betray us, we kill you." She briefed.

"Wait, who are the Elites?' he asked.

"A bunch of pigs that would kill you if they don't get their money's worth from your leadership and activities" she replied.

Jake was silent for about minute.

"I still don't get why you're doing all this" Jake said rubbing his slightly overgrown stubble a little.

"Does it matter?" Alyaise shot back, getting a little irritated by the constant questioning from Jake.

"I think it does. I mean, I need to know what I'm getting myself into, right?" Jake said

Alyaise let out a huge sigh as she looked at Jake with an unreadable expression.

"This gang is partially sponsered by a group of men called the Elites. These are top government officials that help us keep our runnings smooth and hiccup free, especially with the feds and all. The only problem is that ever since my father passed on and I was made leader, they've been on my ass about me getting a husband because they believe I can't do this on my own."

Jake did not say anything. He simply remained quiet and looked at Alyaise with an expression that was hard to read.

"I just need you to do the best you can in running this gang so that after the 6 months I can now takeover and show the Elites that I don't need a man to help me run this gang." She continued.

This time Jake spoke up.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that" he asked curiosity getting the best of him.

Alyaise smiled and sat back in her seat.

"By beating your numbers, Jake Adams"

There was silence in the room. And then Jake burst out into fits of laughter.

"You're a really ambitious woman, I'll give you that" he spoke once he had regained his composure.

"You sound like you don't think I can do it" Alyaise said with a raised brow.

"I'll be honest. I don't" Jake spoke.

His over confidence irritated her to no end. But she didn't blame him.He was just a typical man.

"Okay then, Mr Adams. I will not exchange words with you over this topic. All I need to know is if you accept my proposal"

"Oh my gosh. Yes! Yes! I will marry you" Jake gushed in the best female voice he could muster. He even went as far as faking a small sob.

"This motherfucker really is an idiot" Alyaise spoke under her breath as she passed Jake the contract.

**************************************
4 updates in one day, because I'm a boss ass bitch.

And on a completely random note, Normani really is that bitch.... I mean... Okay

Anywho, hope you enjoyed all the books I updated today, including the first Chapter of Drowning, my new book.

Please check it out.

Love
B.