twenty - real life

"So are you and that guy dating now?", Daniel asked me curiously, when Riley, him and I got our makeup done.

"Don't say 'that guy', Daniel. That sounds mean. His name is Harry", Riley corrected him.

"Thank you, Riles. We're not dating, not yet. At least last time we've been dating it's been good."

"Why did you break up then?", Daniel questioned me again.

"Daniel, you don't need to protect me. Both of us had different projects. We said it would be best if we focused on those instead of the relationship."

"That's too good to be true."

"We should give him a chance", Riley sounded happy for me, "If you weren't married and best friends I would say that you're jealous, Dan."

"I'm still voting for Jomo, sorry not sorry."

"I don't like him", I said clearly once again.

"You two kissed."

"How do you know that? You're not in the girl group chat any more!"

"Yeah but you talked to Rachael the other day. I always find everything out. So you can add me back."

"Done", Riley announced.

"Wow that was fast. Whatever, that was a drunken kiss that was stopped soon. He messaged me yesterday and we both said that it was a mistake."

"Whatever you say. But if you end up becoming Mrs. Morgan, you will thank us for what we said."

"Hey, come in", I told Joseph nervously who stood there with pralines in his hands.

"Uh, thank you, those are for you. Because you help me, of course. Not for anything else."

"I guess we shouldn't be weird. What happened on Saturday won't happen today so everything's fine."

"Is Paul here?"

I thanked him for the pralines, stored them away in a cold room so they wouldn't get soft. Joseph sat down on one of the chairs in our kitchen.

"No, he's babysitting Charlotte and Theodore. Thank you again for the chocolate, they're my favorites."

"I know, that's why I chose them. So what do you want to show me today?"

"I don't know already, does she like Mexican food? Vegan enchiladas are my speciality. I put a lot of different vegetables in there so it has a lot of vitamins, few fats and sugars."

"That sounds perfect", he smiled at me politely while I got us all of the ingredients needed from the cupboard.

"So the next few minutes we just cut the zuchini, carrots, tomatoes, simply everything that lays here", I instructed so both of us took a knife and started it.

"So you always prepare that many ingredients?"

"Yeah, I love every process of cooking, even just cutting the vegetables."

Joseph chuckled, "I like how you appreciate the little things."

"Thank you, british man."

Half an hour later everything was prepared and we were ready to put our meal into the oven. We had a good conversation about our tv shows and started to watch some of the episodes where my character and Niklaus started dating again after being separated for about 70 years.

"You looked so good in those dress", Jo complimented me as charming as every day.

"Thank you, Jo. You looked good as well in that tuxedo."

"Hey.. uh.. I wanted to ask you something", he started being nervous again.

"What about?"

"On Saturday-"

"I thought we forgot about that?"

"We did.. I mean, we will after that, okay?"

"Okay", I nodded looking at my hands with which I played.

"You said that you like me even when you're sober. Is that true? Do you like me?", he asked after he came one step closer being directly next to me.

"Jo.. I.. uh..", I struggled to find the right words.

"Let me try something", he suddenly suggested.

He didn't wait for me to agree on this idea instead just came even closer to me, put his hands on my cheeks and pulled me to him. I wanted to say something, stop what I thought that was going to happen but this was even realer than the kiss on Saturday. Joseph's lips collided with mine, moving passionately. First, I felt uncomfortable but then I forgot everything around me except for him. One of my hands started to run through his hair, with the other one I held his neck pulling him close enough to me. With each kiss that we shared we just wanted to create even less distance between us if that was even possible. Joseph moved us so that I would lay on the couch and he on top of me moving his hands to my hips.

"Hey sis, have you- Holy!"

"Paul!", I screamed shocked, Joseph didn't look any better.

"What the hell is going on here?! Liz, there's steam in the kitchen!"

"Bloody hell", Joseph sweared.

By this time we had all stood up looking at the oven. Poleaxed about the steam and fire that suddenly bursted out. But I guess we were sorely shocked since Paul just caught us.