thirty-seven - real life

an: Hey, guys! First of all: Thank you all so much for supporting this book although I've been really inactive. I have a lot to do and I lost some inspiration for this book. If you've got any ideas what I could write then please let me know but if I don't find new ideas I think I'll lead this story to an end after some more chapters. I hope you all still like it. If you're interested, check my other books out, I'm more active when it comes to them. So, here's the new chapter! Hope you all like it. xx

___________________________________________________________

It's been two months since Joesph and I have been doing what we're doing. I loved what we had and I appreciated that our friends accepted us and more importantly, they supported us. The first weeks, Joseph and I just enjoyed our time together but now that we're going to have a break soon, it became more difficult for me.

First of all, we couldn't go out often. We mostly stayed at Paul's and mine apartment but that wasn't the best solution. Paul accepted the fact that we liked each other and spent time with each other but he didn't like to see us together in a romantic way. On set, everything was fine. But as soon as we were more than friends, Paul looked away or made a joke. Daniel was amused, of course. He loved the fact that he could make jokes about the three of us.

Then it became more difficult because I thought he had told Persia during this time but it didn't seem like that since she arrived on set today. I heard them talking about going on a romantic holiday with him by the end of this week. At first, it broke my heart to see her and him together. That's what we have been doing for two months and neither of us seemed to regret it. At least, I loved it. Slowly but surely, I was sure about my feelings.

But the fact that she's still his fiancee and I'm just the girl with whom he cheated on her killed me.

My feelings changed when I looked into her face. I felt bad for her, immediately regretted what I've done. Maybe I'm really just the young girl related to the Paul Wesley like people use to call me? After all, it was naive of me to think he would leave his longtime girlfriend for me. Especially since they wanted to marry.

Everyone watched me watching Persia and Jospeh reuniting on our set while we had a short break. Leah, Nate, Riley, Paul, Danielle and Daniel stood next to me. I felt the others looking over at us.

„Guys", I turned my head towards my friends and co-actors who stared at me, „I had no idea. I mean, I didn't want to be the one who-"

„Are you alright?", Dani looked at me compassionately.

„Of course she's not", Daniel shook his head already comforting me by pulling me closer like a good brother did.

„I thought-", Paul started confused but I interrupted him.

„Well, me too. I guess I'm a bad person now."

„You're not", Leah shook her head, „We all thought that Joseph had broken up with her. Has he talked to you, Nate?"

„He told me about the next vacation that he had planned so I thought it was with you", he turned to me.

„Not really."

I didn't talk that much any more. It seemed useless to me. Joseph was old enough, he knew what he wanted. And if he found out that the time that he spent with me wasn't what he needed or wanted, it would be okay. At least I tried to make myself believe that. And I tried to make the others believe it but I knew they would be worried about me too much. After all, I'm just Paul Wesley's little sister who got a role in the series because that.

„Liz-"

„No, it's fine, really. Don't say something to him. He should enjoy their holidays. Please, guys. I knew what I did."

„I can't promise anything", Daniel nodded innocently.

Well, I knew someone would say something. All of them and the others were good friends and always took care of me. But I hoped that they would listen to me this time. I meant what I said. Of course, I felt the pain of jealousy numbing my chest. It felt like I was only the second chance. But I loved Joseph. I realized that in just that moment when his lips touched his wife's cheek. How ironic.

„Daniel talked to me", Joseph finally spoke after he had watched me getting ready for the next shot for ten minutes. He didn't say anything, his eyes just followed my moves.

„I told him not to", I made clear.

I was surprised by my voice. It was calm without any emotion. Just stating the facts. Some people would have been lucky if they were able to act like that but I wasn't. I hated myself for not yelling at him or crying. He should see what this is doing. If Persia knew about what we did, she would be hurt. And if he keeps on staying with her, I'd be the one who's broken. I'm not saying he should do anything, I just really ask myself why he didn't.

„Don't be so distant", his voice almost silent just like mine but filled with emotions.

I turned my head to face him. My inner self scoffed but I wouldn't let him see that it affected me.

„Why, Joseph? So you can be with two women at the same time again? I only spent my time with you because it was fun and I thought you had broken up with her but you didn't. I like to have fun but not at the cost of another woman being hurt. I wish you a good vacation", I pointed towards the door.

I tried to make him believe that this was only fun to me. He could forget about us and be happy with Persia again. That's the best solution, isn't it?

„Nonsense. We didn't only have a good time and you know it. We shared our time but more importantly, we share feelings. How can I have a good vacation when the woman I want to spend my life with stands in this room in front of me and is not the one I am supposed to be with during the next fourteen days?"

„Are you being serious, Joseph?", I lost it, I lost my control, „You meet your fiancee here, on set, where everyone is that knows about you and I. Then you come to me saying that? If you wanted to be with me, you would have told her and not lied to her for months! I hate you and what you do to me!"

„I hope you really don't because I am really in love with you and I want to make it better. I'm going to make it better for you. I'll give my best for you. I'm so sorry for all the pain that I've caused you. But Elizabeth Wesley, I am in love with you", Joseph whispered, stroking my cheek softly.

„Joseph, I-"

„Is that true?", our heads shot to the woman that I felt both, jealousy and compassion for, Persia.