Chapter 1

The sun was starting to set painting the whole sky orange. In Magnolia, the train let out a whistle as it finally stopped at the station. Freed smiled when stepping out with Bickslow and Evergreen with their bags.

"Man, am I happy to be home again", Bickslow groaned and stretched. "That mission... I can't believe we actually got out of it alive."

"Don't be ridiculous", Freed chuckled. "It wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad? I don't want to see any books for the rest of my life! Hell, why did we have to move a whole library?"

"Don't be ridiculous, it wasn't even that big library. And we got paid well."

"That's true", Ever smiled happily. "After a good night sleep I'm going to spend my whole day tomorrow shopping."

"I hope Cana is in a better mood", Bickslow grinned. "I hope she's at the Guild, we could go her place."

Freed smiled listening what Bickslow and Evergreen planned as they started their walk towards Fairy Tail. They had been on their mission for a week and of course there were more than just moving books around. There was in fact many little missions as the islanders came to ask their help once they learned there were mages around. Even if there had been a lot to do, it was a nice little island Freed had to agree with it. They had helped to catch few burglars, move the library since the old building was almost grumbling down, and other things that made the islanders life more peaceful and easier.

"Freed?" Ever asked and that snapped Freed out of his thoughts.

"What? Excuse me, I didn't listen what you said", he apologized.

"I just asked what you're planning to do for a few days?" Ever smiled.

"Well, it all depends", Freed chuckled. "But I guess I try to relax for a while."

"Good luck with that", Bickslow grinned.

Soon they walked under the large sign that said 'FAIRY TAIL' and continued towards doors. They could already hear people yelling and fighting.

"Sounds like Natsu and Gray have returned as well", Bickslow smirked.

"I'm definitely not in a mood to listen some fighting, I'm going home right after we give our reports", Ever huffed.

Before they got at the large heavy doors, one of them was slowly pushed open with a lot of effort.

"Mama!" Felix beamed as he finally got out and dashed towards Freed. The rune mage chuckled and gladly caught his son who made him crash at the ground. "You were gone way too long!" Felix sniffled grabbing a tight hold of the red coat.

"I wasn't gone that long", Freed assured with a smile. "Only one week."

"That is a whole week too much!"

"I see. I try to be quicker next time", Freed promised and stood up. "Did you have fun with dad while we were gone?"

"No", Felix pouted.

"Why so?"

"Dad's old and boring. Can we go home without dad?"

"Why would we leave him behind?"

"Because dad couldn't catch as many peanuts as Natsu."

"I don't think that's a reason good enough not to take him home with us", Freed chuckled and they finally stepped inside the Hall.

They were greeted and they gave their report. Felix hummed happily not letting go of Freed's neck when they finally sat down for a while.

"I don't see Laxus here", Freed said surprised.