Prologue

It is sweeping. 

Destroying.

Cold, grey destruction... Eating away the life and color with its raging will. None know why it's still moving, why it cannot be stopped...

It hits the outer worlds, utterly destroying and killing. Can it even be stopped? Many have lost hope, but there are still some who fight. No, not with weapons. They find the worlds and save the victims. 

And yet some cannot be saved...

And then, even the ones who are saved are never the same. Some of their minds are destroyed, and others are so far gone that they are practically dead. Very few come through those portals with minds intact, but of course never the same. 

And so the grey tsunami of destruction hits, clashing with colorful worlds, draining it all of life, leaving the worlds cold and dead as it moves on to its next victim. 

It is approaching faster, now- its direction straight to the one world that none had ever thought to touch... And another in its way. 

Joey Drew Studios- it is so close, now. The tie between worlds are diseased, even severed as it rolls in, and begins its torment of wasting life. 

The Fadening is what they call it. 

The Fadening is a nightmare, a hell with a thirst to move on, much like a hurricane. 

Even closer, it begins its drainage of the world...

But this time, it will be different. 

This time, not all will be lost. 

TO BE CONTINUED

249 words

-Preshy