Chapter Two: Tantrum

Hisssssss.

The demon cradled its face, entire half side of it melting profusely. The pain was unbearable- his mind could hardly register they were on safe ground. Hissing, the demon's entire left side of its body was burning. The angel was next to him, but she had sense to look up with her half ruined face. In her one functioning eye, were black tears which streamed down her half-beautiful face. 

A hand was reached out, and she gladly took it. 

"Miss?" Oswald began. "Are you alright?"

The angel forced a tiny smile on half her lip. "Yes..." They turned their attention to the demon. On cue, the black cat stormed by, whacking Oswald on the back of the head. But the rabbit ignored him. 

"Bendy?" Alice breathed hard, as if it hurt to breathe. 

The demon hid his clawed hand and tucked it to his chest. Pain was clear inside his eyes as he looked up to his angel. His voice was hoarse and gurgling as he attempted to speak. "What... Happened?" his eyes darted to the rabbit. "What the HELL just happened?!" he growled, and gently picked himself up. The left side of his body had taken the blow of the 'disease' if you will, to protect and shield the angel from the worse of the slithering veins. 

Spines layered his back, and one foot was tipped, the left eye hidden with greedy ink. Half of the demon's mouth was a monstrosity in itself. The teeth were legitimate fangs, ink rolling from the corners of the glued mouth, forced into a smiling grimace. 

Oswald shook his head. "Come with me first. I'll explain once we're there..."

The demon's eye shut tightly. 

Oswald went with the angel while Felix helped the demon step forward. 

"Come on," the cat said. "We need to get you to a room."

Bendy held his tongue, mind whirling with intense questions. 

What the hell did we do to deserve this? 

What even is this place?

My body... It hurts...

Bendy was now relying mostly on Felix's encouraging words to guide him along as doctors and other cartoons sporting white lab coats gave him a nod. 

The demon still cradled his clawed hand even as they reached his own separate room. There hung a small mirror and a small bathroom, but nothing else. The demon sat down on the bed, mouth aching. 

The cat stood in the doorway and closed his eye in shame when the demon looked at his reflection. 

With one shaky gloved hand, the demon brought his good fingers to the trace of his now imperfect curve of a wicked smile. 

"...Why did this happen?" The demon's voice was quiet, anger bubbling up inside his chest. 

Felix went on to explain. 

____With the Rabbit and the Angel____

"Alice, the thing that attacked your world has also attacked many others. We call it the Fadening... It's like a disease, and has been eating away the 'Lesser Worlds'... And please don't take any offense from that term!" Oswald sighed as the angel spoke. 

"That's okay. So you said we're in ToonLand?"

The rabbit relaxed. "Yeah. This is the only place that evil thing can't reach. And before you ask," Oswald added, for the angel had been about to say something. "We don't know why it's not able to penetrate our border."

Alice sighed. "So... It's heading to another world as we speak?"

Oswald nodded. "Yes, but luckily it's pretty far away. We have a few days to get those toons out right away..."

Alice crossed her legs and tenderly touched the ruined skin on her angelic face. "...If I may ask, what is that world's name?"

Oswald spoke with a shudder. 

"Inkwell Isles."

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" A voice rang. Alice smacked the right side of her face. Standing up, she said one word that solved Oswald's unspoken curiosity. 

"Don't worry- he's just having a temper tantrum..." 

Oswald and the angel hurried over to Bendy's room to see Felix pinning Bendy's clawed hand. 

Bendy's face was already covered with sticky ink as the angel yelled, "Get off of him! And Bendy-" 

The demon hissed and shoved the cat away, cradling his clawed hand. 

"Prick..." he growled before rubbing it, flexing the messed up hand and its digits. 

Felix sighed. "Is he always like this?" he muttered to the angel. 

Alice didn't answer, but she stepped over to the demon. Glancing back at the two, they shuffled outside of the room. 

Bendy huffed, looking at his friend. "What?" he spat. "Ya want me to apologize?"

The angel took him by the good hand and they sat down next to each other on the bed.

"That would be nice. But I wanted to ask... How you're doing."

The demon's proud front began to crack as he sighed angrily. "That's what I should be askin' you."

"We're not asking me."

The demon's grip tightened. "Alice?" his voice was quiet and sincere. "I'm fine."

The angel wrapped her arms around his torso, which resulted in the demon placing his fingers in her hair. 

"It's going to be fine..." The angel whispered, leaning her head between where a neck would be. 

"I just... It all happened so fast..." He breathed. "I know this sounds stupid, but I have to admit I was scared."

The angel kissed his cheek. "There is nothing wrong with having a heart."

The demon smiled the tiniest bit. 

"Thanks... Angel Cakes."

___TO BE CONTINUED...___

887 words

Gifffffffffff

There ya go! ^^

(I kinda rushed it... Sorry...)