Our Usual Interactions

Asahi's P.O.V.

I was roomed with Genji while at the main station for the organization. It had been a big deal between Soldier:76 and Ana considering we were of the opposite genders, but Winston had convinced them to let it go because we were hardly ever out of our armor sets.

"Genji!" I yelled as I stepped into the room, lifting my arm up to hide his exposed body.

"Sorry!" Genji replied, immediately finding a towel and wrapping it around his lower body.

"I know I've seen it before, but could you at least remember that I can walk into the room at any moment?" I snapped.

"Sorry, sorry! I thought you went out on a mission!"

"I did! It ended in a failure. We weren't able to collect enough evidence to apprehend our target."

Genji hummed as he stepped to his dresser. He rummaged through his clothes while I set my bag down on my bed.

"Did you at least leave some hot water?" I asked.

"Of course I did. I'm not selfish." Genji replied. "Have you seen my hoodie?"

"I think I took it the other day." I looked through my dresser drawers and smiled as I found his hoodie. "Here you go!"

I handed the hoodie to him, and he gave me a closed eye smile. Most of Genji's body was still covered in mechanisms and pipes, the structures most likely being what kept him alive, but his face was completely intact besides the scars that littered his skin.

"Did you steal my comb again?" I asked, looking at him.

"You left it on the bathroom counter. I may have used it once or twice."

"For your hair or your chin stubble?"

"Don't mock my facial hair!"

I grabbed my sleep wear and scoffed at Genji as he glared at me. I closed the bathroom door, quickly took a shower and got dressed in my sleepwear, and stepped out of the bathroom. Genji had discarded his towel, now wearing shorts. I tossed my towel aside and laid on my bed, my body relaxing as it hit the blanket.

"Would you ever show how you really look to anyone else other than me?" Genji asked.

"I don't know. Would you?" I replied.

"It would depend on who it is. I showed you because I trust you. Angela knows because she fixed me."

"I believe you're the only one who's ever seen me without my armor."

I lifted my prosthetic arm and moved my fingers. Genji looked at me as I sighed.

"Sometimes, I wonder if it would have been better for everyone else if I had just died." I muttered.

"What good would that do anyone?" Genji's face contorted into confusion. "You've saved people since your near death. If you truly had died, those people wouldn't have made it."

"I've also killed innocent people, Genji. Sure, those who I saved would be dead if I had not lived, but those who I killed would have a chance to correct what they did wrong." I rolled onto my side so I could look at him properly.

Genji did the same, and it looked like I was looking in a mirror.

"Everyone has a bad past, Asahi. All you need is a second chance." He said. "Now that you're apart of Overwatch, you'll have a fresh start. You won't have to kill to earn money."

I stared at him for a few minutes.

"You're not wearing a shirt."

~