Sweethearts without shame

Class starts today so we get up early to make breakfast. I start to make pancakes but I think I done something wrong. 

"Eves, I need help. Quickly before the kitchen ends up on fire." I call out. Evelyn walks in and stops dead when she sees the gooey mess I've made. 

"What the fuck have you done. Okay for a start, you've used cookie batter not pancake mix." She says while laughing at me. She tries to continue but excuses herself when she falls into a fit of laughter. 

"You can't just laugh at me and leave." I say. I then hear the front door shut. Has she seriously left the dorm and me in it? I begin to clean up. First I bin the batter and do up the dishes. Evelyn appears with two cups of coffee and pancakes from the bakery. 

"Nice of you to join me." I tease. She begins to laugh again. 

"How are the cookies coming along." She jokes. 

"Yeah there's no saving that frying pan, sorry." I say. 

 "Alice..." She says hesitantly. 

"Yeah?" I say back nervously. 

"Cookie batter pancakes" She says, laughing hysterically. At least I made her laugh. We walk hand in hand to the auditorium and we sit down. Our lecture was actually pretty good today, I actually learned and wasn't too distracted.

This afternoon we meet up with our friends at the coffee shop. I'm excited to see them as it's been a while. Evelyn and I pick up Noah and Ben in my car. We could have walked to the cafe but I felt like driving today. Abbey and Evelyn join us today. We take a large table next to a window, I sit next to Evelyn and Orlah is at the other of me. Ben is introduced to Abbey and Emma and then we all talk like the events of the last few months didn't happen. Everything almost feels normal again, except I'm glad we've evolved from the people we were in august. Evie and I are out and together, Noah has a boyfriend, Abbey and Emma are less ignorant and we have just been informed that Orlah's boyfriend is meeting us here.

Would we all be the people we are today without all of the pain and suffering?

Would I be out and proud if I weren't surrounded by the people I am today?

Would I have found my Sweetheart Without Shame?

*A/N*

This is the end of the book. I've had so much fun writing this story over the last few months and I'm glad I've been able to share it. I hope to write another story soon, maybe even a sequel. Exam season is a few weeks away so I thought this would be a good place to end. I'm open to receiving feedback so comment anything as it's appreciated. I hope to write again soon. Thank you all.