Prologue: Entry #1

My name is Pryte Molden, as I write this, I am 24 years old, weigh 217 pounds and around 6'4" tall. I am a faunus with lynx ears, therefore enhancing my hearing. My semblance takes the aura of others to absorb it, making it my own.

I have started writing this journal to honor the teachings of my boss, who only five days ago told me to, and I will quote: "End my debt and make my own life". But she has thought me many things, amongst them is that knowledge is power. She made me the man I am today as much as she's the reason I am still breathing. The slight strain I feel from my scared slash mark every time I lay on my back is a constant reminder of my gratitude towards her. A gratitude that I feel I have yet to properly show.

I haven't found a job yet and I'm sleeping inside my off-road pick-up truck. As for parking and food, there's this young couple, Rosaline and Doul Mearter, who let me use their garage and make meals for me, to which I tried refusing but they are persistent. They also let me use their shower, which is quite a relief. Once I get the chance, I count on paying them back.

I've been pushing back my training a lot recently. It has to stop, I can't let myself become rusty. Even if that life is behind me, it can always come back for more. And that's ignoring that the creature of Grimm are still a problem. I have to get myself together, I won't let myself wither away like this.

I have to "make my own life".