Chapter 2: New World

Jihoon decided to follow his parents to the Vampire Protectors Headquarters to see what was actually going on and he was indeed curious about all the information that was loaded into his brain by his parents.

As he walked in, there were computer screens, electronic devices, people walking around with weapons in their hands and the place looked really clean and nice.

"Follow us closely." His dad said as Jihoon was still in awe about what was happening. They entered a huge hall area, there was a huge screen in front and they settled down on the seats.

Just as all of the seats were filled, a man walked towards the screen and started to show information and photos.

"As all of you may already know, there has already been 11 vampires found dead in the last 2 months. All of the bodies are found to be drained of blood and a logo like mark has been imprinted on each of the vampires' forearm." The man said as photos of the bodies and the logo was shown on the screen.

"We need all vampire protectors to be on alert at all times. This is a very serious case and we need to solve this as soon as possible. Also, please make sure that we prevent any more vampires from becoming victims." The man said.

Since Jihoon was relatively new to being a vampire protector, he needed to start from the very bottom and wasn't allowed to be on any missions yet. 

"So, you must be Jihoon?" The man approached Jihoon and his parents. "Welcome, you will be staying here to start your trainings and lessons, learning about the vampire world as well as being a vampire protector." The man continued.

"No, I don't think so. This has nothing to do with me. I am going home." Jihoon said and walked off.

"I'm sorry, let me talk to him for a second." His mum said as she chased after Jihoon. "Jihoon! Jihoon wait!" 

"Mum, I don't want to be involved in this. It all just doesn't make sense, this feels like a fairy tale or some movie scene." Jihoon said after being caught up by his mum.

"Jihoon, I understand that this is all so hard to believe but lives are at stake here and the vampire world is in danger. Please Jihoon, trust mum, we need you." His mum said as she held his hand.

Having wanted to be a police officer since he was a kid and always being taught by his parents that he needed to be brave and not to fear in any kind of situation, Jihoon knew that deep in his blood this was something he was meant to do.

"Think of it this way, vampire protectors are like the police force in the vampire world." His mum said. "Didn't you always wanted to be a police officer?" His mum asked.

Jihoon started training, learning about this new world. Vampire protectors protect vampires at a safe distance, they will only be there when needed and they worked on mystery cases involving vampires.

While in training, Jihoon was shown around the HQ and was introduced to different people. He visited the cells where vampires that committed crimes and other acts are locked in. As he was returning back to his room, he saw a guy that he saw almost everyday.

"Hey! Are you a VP too?" Jihoon asked as he walked towards him. The guy ignored Jihoon and went into his room.

The next day, Jihoon saw him again, "Mr Kang, is he a vampire protector too?" Jihoon asked his trainer.

"Oh, that's Woojin. He's a vampire. Hmm his story is a little more complicated." Mr Kang said. "He used to be really cheerful and energetic but ever since that incident, he has been like that."

"Cheerful... Energetic?" Jihoon asked as he looked at Woojin who was really quiet and always kept to himself.

Next morning, Jihoon was called in by Mr Kang. "Mr Kang, did you call for me?" Jihoon asked as he entered the room.

"Ah yes, come sit." Mr Kang said. "So, I've been talking to the higher ups and it's been decided that you are cleared to be a official vampire protector." 

"Wait, me? But I don't think I am ready-" Jihoon said with a confused and shocked look.

"Yes, you. Don't worry, if you are cleared, you are obviously ready. You need to stop doubting yourself and have some confidence." Mr Kang said as he handed Jihoon a file. "Here, this is your first case file. Remember Woojin? You will be looking over him. He's just been released and will be transferring to the same school as you. Since both of you are the same age, we thought that we should have you be his VP." Mr Kang said.

Jihoon flipped through the file and it had information on Woojin. "Park Woojin, born on 2 Nov 1999, incident report..."