Chapter 3: New Friend... Or Not

The school bell rang marking the end of the semester break. It was a normal school break for everyone else but not for Jihoon. Everything was not the same for Jihoon anymore, or at least he now knew about the vampire world. It made him wonder if anyone else in his school was a vampire or a vampire protector too.

As Jihoon settled down on his seat in his new classroom, the homeroom teacher walked in.

"Everyone, I hope all of you had a nice school break. Now, I would like to introduce a new transfer student that will be joining us from today onwards." The teacher said.

He walked in, in those school uniform, backpack hanging on one side of his shoulder, pants a little above his ankles, earrings dangling on one side of his ear and his hair softly covering his forehead.

"This is Park Woojin, come Woojin introduce yourself." The teacher said as Woojin stood in front of the class. Woojin bowed slightly.

"Omg doesn't he look so cute?" "Wow he looks like an idol." "His skin is so... nice." The girls in class whispered among themselves while being wowed by Woojin's visuals.

The teacher gestured Woojin to the empty seat beside Jihoon and the girls' vision was fixed on Woojin as he walked to his seat.

"Alright, quiet down, let's start class. Take out your books and flip to page 11." The homeroom teacher said.

The bell finally rang signalling lunch period. 

"Erm, Woojin? Do you want to have lunch together?" Jihoon asked as the other students left the class one by one. Woojin stood up and left without replying Jihoon. 

"Hey Jihoon! Let's go! I am hungry!" Jihoon's friend Jinyoung yelled from outside of the classroom. Jihoon and Jinyoung had been friends since middle school.

Despite Woojin not responding nor replying to Jihoon, Jihoon decided to continue trying as he was being assigned to Woojin to be his protector.

Next morning, as Jihoon was walking to school, he saw Woojin in front of him and ran up to him.

"Hey!" Jihoon said as he put his arm around Woojin's shoulders. As always, Woojin pushed his arm away and continued his journey to school leaving Jihoon behind. Sighing, Jihoon followed Woojin quietly at the back.

"Okay class, remember to submit your final report tomorrow." The Science teacher said as the lunch bell sounded.

The cafeteria was already bustling with students as Jihoon walked in after finishing up his report. As he was looking for Woojin, he heard some girls saying that Woojin was at the rooftop and how he was really cold but handsome. 

"Hey Jihoon! Here!" Jinyoung yelled from the corner of the cafeteria. However, Jihoon did not see him and went to the rooftop.

As he ran up the stairs and opened the door to the rooftop, Woojin was sitting there with earphones on. "Cold and handsome? More like cold and heartless." Jihoon thought to himself as he stared at Woojin. 

"Here!" Jihoon said as he approached Woojin and threw him a pack of juice. Woojin caught the drink and took his earphones off.

"Don't you know vampires only drink blood." Woojin replied while looking at the juice pack.

"Oh wow, you do know how to talk." Jihoon said as he took a seat beside Woojin. Woojin proceeded to drink from his own black bottle.

"So... is that blood?" Jihoon asked as he poked the straw into his juice pack and sipped. 

"Wanna have some?" Woojin joked as he offered the bottle to Jihoon. Jihoon looked at him and continue to sip on his own juice. He was glad that Woojin finally spoke to him.

"You've heard about the recent vampire murders right? Aren't you scared?" Jihoon asked cautiously. Woojin stopped drinking and crushed the bottle.

"I... I am sorry! I don't mean to bring it up, I-" Before Jihoon could finish his sentence, Woojin stood up and dropped the bottle. 

"I will end them one day." Woojin said as he clenched his fist tight. Jihoon looked at Woojin and did not dare to say a word, he then noticed blood dripping onto the floor from Woojin's hand.

"Woojin, you are bleeding. Let's go to the nurse office." Jihoon said as he held his juice pack on one hand and stood up, wanting to bring Woojin to treat his hand. However, without saying anything, Woojin walked off again leaving Jihoon behind.