2

Percy's POV

Everyone was really nice in Australia so far. The guys were going to come over later which meant I wouldn't be alone in a house full of girls anymore, however, I would be the only guy without his girlfriend with him. 

I supposed I could I-M Annabeth and say it was a form of communication from the ancient Greeks that I was taught at the camp I went to. I decided I would ask mom.

"Hey, mom?"

"Yeah, Perce?"

"Do you think I could pass an I-M with Annabeth off as an old form of communication I learnt at Camp H-B?" I asked seriously.

"I guess you could always try. They don't have to know everything. Why?" She told me.

"Well, I'm gonna be the only guy without a girlfriend there. I don't wanna be the 9th wheel, that's even worse than being the 3rd wheel!" I told her. She laughed and said;

"Missing your wise girl, Percy?"

I nodded sadly.

We got to Cleo's house and she showed me to the room we would be sharing.

"Wow! Your room's so nice! My room at home is like, half the size of this. And, it's just plain. I love this design. Wait, you even have your own bathroom? I wish I did." I told her, amazed.

"Yeah, it's not bad, is it? Anyway, the guys'll be here any minute now." She replied a smile never leaving her face.

"Hey, do you mind me calling someone quick?" She shook her head so I turned the tap in the bathroom on angling a mirror to hit the water, creating a rainbow. I pulled my drachma out and threw it in muttering the chant then; "Annabeth, Half-Blood Hill, New York." An image of my girlfriend came to life in front of us. She was (thankfully) just chilling in her cabin on her laptop.

"Hey, Wise-girl! I know I called you earlier but there are some guys coming over soon and they're all gonna have their girlfriends with them so please stay?" 

She sighed and noticed Cleo behind me. "Yes, Seaweed-Brain, I'll stay. Hi, I'm assuming you're Cleo. I'm Annabeth Chase. Percy's girlfriend. I'm sure Sally's already told you about us."

"Yeah, she did. Aunt Sally really is a ball of energy and kinda talkative. But, I don't mind that. You're so pretty! Did you already know that? I'm sure Percy tells you enough though. I really wish I looked nearly as nice as you. All my friends and my sister all have blond hair. I wish I did. Especially like yours." Cleo started talking but eventually, I got bored and turned my attention to other things.

Soon there was a knock at the door and Kim opened it (by this time, we were already downstairs). It was Cleo's friends and some guys. They all looked strangely at the vapour Annabeth sat on a bunk back in America. I got up and introduced myself.

"Hey. I'm Percy Jackson. That vapour girl over there is Annabeth Chase. She's still in America so this is like our only way to talk as neither of us has a cell."

A kinda tall, brunette guy with an angular face-shape stepped forward. "Zane Bennett. I think we all want to know how you did that over there. How is it supposed to work? Is it some sort of new technology or something? I've never heard of something like that."

Annabeth jumped from her bunk stepping forward bringing the picture closer to me. "Of course you haven't. Not many people have. You see, this way of communication is an old Greek way of communication meaning hardly anyone has heard of it.  We were taught about it at a special camp we both go to. Actually, that's where I am now. We could go into details and explain everything about it but be warned, it's a long explanation and would take at least 3 hours or more. Now, I don't have that time as it's almost time for everyone to get up and go to training."