Chapter 17

---------- Chapter 17 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dudley! He'll be here in a few minutes! Get your fat arse off the couch and change!" I shriek at the fat lump on the couch.

"Deidre, honey, calm down," mum calls out from the kitchen, where she's furiously preparing lunch.

Dad's got his finest suit on, no doubt ready to intimidate Draco the moment he walks in. Dad's sitting on the armchair, pretending to read his newspaper, but he seems just as fidgety as me.

"What is his name again?" he asks, setting the newspaper aside.

"Draco Malfoy," I reply automatically, still scanning the room for anything out of the ordinary.

Dad nods his head, deep in thought. I run up the stairs to my room, checking my reflection in the mirror once more. I have my long blonde hair tousled trendily, and I'm wearing a brand new, midnight blue dress mum bought just for the occasion. I pull on my matching heels and descend the stairs once more.

"How will he be getting here? Not on a broom, I hope," dad murmurs, his face paling, no doubt imagining the things the neighbours would say.

"I told him not to. He said he'll get a car," I murmur back. I never did ask how he'd actually get a car. Maybe his family had one to keep up the pretences?

I rap Dudley on his big blonde head, trying to get him to get off the couch and change. He throws a pillow at me, messing my hair up.

"Dad! Tell Dudley to go change! He looks like the help!" I whine. And that does it! How could dad have his only son look like the help?

Within moments Dudley is stalking up the stairs, muttering violently about beating Draco up.

Note to self; warn Draco about psychotic older brother.

I head aimlessly to the kitchen, where mum is putting the finishing touches on the chocolate cake.

"You're looking pretty, Deidre," she says absent-mindedly, still icing the cake.

I hop onto the stool and watch her, transfixed. Once she's done, she carefully puts the cake into the fridge and turns to watch me.

"So...tell me about this boy?" she asks in a flippant manner, but I know she's just as excited as I am.

"He's amazing mum! He's tall, unbelievably blonde with gorgeous grey eyes. He's smart and sweet...he's just the most amazing guy ever!" I thrill, my cheeks heating up.

"Is he rich?!" dad calls from the living room.

I sigh silently to myself. I should have known that's all he cares about.

"Filthy!" I call back.

Mum actually claps her hands at that, "Will he be bringing his parents around?" she asks excitedly.

"No. It'll just be him," I answer, hoping that I'm right. I'm definitely not ready to meet Mr and Mrs Malfoy!

"Deidre, come and sit down for a minute," dad calls from the hall. I hop off the barstool and clank my way over to the hall. I collapse onto the couch at the same time Dudley comes down the stairs.

He's wearing his usually khaki pants, white shirt and hideous jacket combo! Great...Draco is going to have a field day!

"Why aren't you wearing any make-up?!" mum suddenly asks, worry on her face.

"I don't want make-up, mum!" I call back to her, but she's already rushing up stairs. I sigh in defeat and head up the stairs.

Half an hour later, I come back down looking like a doll. Mum teased my hair and pinned it up, so it cascades in waves down my back. My eyes are all smoky and sexy looking, and my already full lips are glossy and slightly pink.