One

Kaneki curled up on top of his sheets, squirming in discomfort. Ever since he had woken up this morning, he'd been burning up, sweat dripping down his face, gathering in his pores. And to his mortification, he'd been hard as a rock. After jerking off several times, taking a freezing shower, and opening his window to let some cool air in, his condition still hadn't improved. Was he sick? He didn't know if that was possible for ghouls.He groaned, rolling onto his back. The only good thing about...whatever this was, was that he had an excuse to stay in his room and avoid a certain purple haired ghoul. Tsukiyama had been acting off the last few days,more than usual, anyway. Invading Kaneki's personal space, touching him often, smirking when Kaneki retaliated with a punch or a curse. He'd broken the gourmet's nose the other day, and instead of being scared, as he should have been, Tuskiyama had just chuckled and left the apartment. Honestly, Hinami and Banjo had been acting weird too, now that Kaneki thought back on it. Banjo had hovered around him with a strange expression, and Hinami had been nervous and skittish around her "big brother." He had asked both of the other ghouls what was wrong, but they wouldn't answer.

He whimpered as a fierce wave of heat rolled over him, and his dick ached and throbbed. Placing one hand over his mouth to muffle his moans, he began stroking himself. He gasped and whined, squirming in pleasure, but at the back of his mind he couldn't help but think that this felt kind of wrong. He couldn't put his finger on why doing this to himself was strange. Panting, he gave a few more tugs before he spilled all over his hand and stomach. His dick remained hard, and he let out a half-moan, half-scream of frustration. He sat up, thighs trembling. A breeze blew into the room, carrying a barrage of smells. Car exhaust, flowers from a rooftop garden, people. People, both humans and ghouls. His stomach growled, and his mouth watered. He wanted to go out, and hunt. It probably wasn't the greatest idea, what with the Doves and his crazy stalker, aka Tsukiyama,hanging about, but a need was building in him, one that overruled reason. Eat. Eat, eat, eat. He stumbled to his feet clumsily, the room spinning a little. The light hurt his eyes, and he grimaced, stumbling to his dresser, putting on the first thing he touched. Only to take it off, the clothing tight and restrictive. He stepped into sweats and pulled on a tank top. Much better. He dimly registered that his backside felt wet, liquid running down his legs, but he decided it didn't matter. He could take a shower when he got back. He left his room, peering warily around the corner, suddenly nervous about being exposed. No one was in the living room, but he could hear faint music coming from Hinami's room. He tottered to the front door, fumbling with the handle, and walked outside.

The sun was blindingly bright, and he cringed with discomfort, stumbling to the refuge of a nearby alley. He leaned against the wall, out of breath. He wanted to curl up and lie down, but his stomach violently protested. He needed to eat. He opened his eyes fully, trying to see any possible candidates for a meal. Everything was blurry, distorted. Smells assaulted him more viciously than they had when he was in his room. A group of girls passed him, giggling and talking. He licked his lips, their sweet, candy-like scent tickling his nose, making him drool. He left the alley followed his prey at a reasonable distance, hearing snatches of conversations from the people all around him, getting slightly distracted. There were so many sights, sounds, scents, everything amplified. He continued to track his future food, until a new odor hit him. Sharp, musky, unpleasant. But underneath, something that made his mouth water. Kaneki stopped in his tracks, sniffing, looking around for the source. It withdrew, heading away from him, but slowly. He could easily follow. He paused, looking at the girls he'd been intending to eat, them getting farther away every second. He made up his mind, turning and heading after that delicious smell that had enticed him. He had to stop periodically, as his stomach began to twist and gurgle, voicing his need to feed. And walking, he found, was tiring. He just wanted to lie down. But the source of his want, who he had now recognized as a ghoul, kept moving, obviously leading him.

Kaneki didn't know when he'd crossed from the 20th ward to the 4th ward. The buildings were shabbier and trash was everywhere, but he didn't pay attention to his surroundings. His nose wrinkled at the gross smell pervading the area, but he generally ignored it. Finally, the ghoul seemed to have stopped. Kaneki traced his scent to an alley, out of sight from the street and surrounding businesses. Kaneki's nose scrunched as he looked over the ghoul, a thin, filthy, greasy looking man. The ghoul smiled at him, revealing cigarette-stained teeth. "Hey, there, baby. "

Kaneki looked at him steadily. His groin had begun to ache, and he desperately wanted to relieve it. Furthermore, wetness was seeping through his pants. A noise of discomfort rose from his throat. What was that? He started to turn to look. And he found himself suddenly pushed against the wall of the alley by the other ghoul, hot, foul breath fanning into his face. Kaneki's kakugan immediately activated. He growled softly, shoving the other man away. "C'mon, sweet thing, I'm gonna make you feel real good," the ghoul grinned. A thick bikaku kagune, a disgusting blue color, wrapped around Kaneki's waist. He froze, eyeing the other. He sniffed carefully, meeting his eyes, assessing. He didn't know what, exactly, he was looking for. But as the other ghoul's hand slipped to his ass, he decided he didn't have what Kaneki wanted. Kaneki's rinkaku tore through the other ghoul's chest.

"Ahhhh! FUCK!" The ghoul gurgled, eyes, wide with shock and fear. Kaneki twisted his rinkaku, a surge of pleasure rushing through him as his appendages tore through muscle and flesh. The offending ghoul collapsed as Kaneki released him, rapidly bleeding out. Kaneki panted, dizzy and hungry. He looked at the other, licking his lips, drool running down his chin. The ghoul seemed to know what was about to happen.

"Please, " He whimpered, blood seeping from his mouth even as his body frantically tried to fix itself. "Please, please, please don't-"

A piercing scream rent the air as Kaneki plunged his kagune back into the other, shredding organs and snapping bone. He knelt over the twitching body, and ripped off an arm. He took a bite, closing his eyes as he finally, finally, got what he needed. He chewed and swallowed, then began attacking the flesh with a vengeance, blood dripping down his chin, splattering all over his face. Hot, wet. Soothing the itch in his throat and the ache in his stomach. He ate and ate and ate, devouring the dead ghoul's slimy, disgusting kagune but relishing the burst of energy it gave. Midway through chewing the last piece of his victim's liver, he realized he had an audience. Several ghouls had appeared silently, masks in place, watching him feast. Their scents made him dizzy, left him wanting. He swallowed the flesh in his mouth, licking his lips, and stumbled to his feet. He made his way out of the alley, the ghouls moving out of his way. He sensed that they wanted him, wanted to fuck him, their arousal thick on the air. But he also knew they were afraid, probably because he'd just torn open their comrade. He wasn't hungry anymore, but a new ache, more carnal in nature, took him over. He walked unsteadily out of the alley, wanting answers. What was happening to him?

This had never, ever happened before. Never. He needed answers. And he could think of only one person who could give them to him.