Chapter 30

I woke up on the couch. Sam's body was on top of mine, her head was on my chest, our legs were intertwined, and my arm was wrapped around her body. This is not what I meant when I said we had to work on our relationship.

My head was pounding though. I bet I made my head worse from the talk we had last night and all the thinking I did. I gently removed my arm from behind her head and got off the couch, careful not to wake her. This brought back all the memories from when we used to spend the night in each other's bed, and I craved for it. I wanted it back. I wanted to push everything away and act like nothing happened, but it did. Her accusations, her uncle's death, the baby, and the car accident all happened and there is no changing the past. No matter how badly I may want to.

I hobbled to the kitchen, deep in thought. I wanted everything to go back to normal. Not so much me sleeping around and getting wasted every night, but the norm we had for a while after we found out about the baby. Would that even be possible?

It's not like we could play house, and everything would go back to normal. I'm going to college in September and planning to take over my dads' business. But my kid will be important too. No matter what. I don't even know where my dad is right now, and I never want that for my child. I don't care if it ends up with my kid having to go on business trips with me, or in the conference room with me. I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck. My kid will never think I never wanted them or will never wonder when their dad is coming home.

I was looking out the window deep in thought about my future, the baby's future, mine and Sam's future, every action has a consequence. I choose to go to college, what is Sam going to do? How do I juggle college and raising a kid? The gang kicked me out, does that mean they are gone for good? Will they come after my kid? Did Sam know I had intentions to go to college? I mean I applied when I had no memories, so if she was going to get mad at anyone, it would have to be herself.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I turned around to see Sam sitting at the island. I hobbled over to the stove and started to make eggs, bacon and bologna. "Just thinking about the future," I mumbled.

"What about it?"

"I'm going to college in the fall," I admitted. I turned to look at her. She tried to hide the shock and disappointment on her face, but I could see it.

"Where?" She asked me.

"Here. My dad always wanted for me to take over his CEO position at Thomas Industries. You know that. I applied and got in. It's a two-year course and then my dad wants me to start training to learn the ropes of the CEO position."

"Oh," Sam mumbled. She stared down at the island, deep in thought. I could tell she wanted to yell and get mad, but she was holding herself back.

"Speak your mind," I said to her, egging her on.

She looked up at me. "Why do you still get to live your life, but I have to put mine on hold to raise our baby?"

"When I applied to college, I had no memories of you even being pregnant Sam. You didn't tell me or even give me the chance to try and remember. You shut me out for months. What was I supposed to do? I had no memories, you didn't want to be around me, I had no clue what was going on. I went back to as normal as I could get."

"Normal as what Hunter? Sleeping around and getting wasted?"

I finished making breakfast and put it on two plates. I sat on one side of the island and she was on the other side. "You don't get to judge me for my choices." I said to her. "I didn't know I was going to be a father. Nobody told me. I didn't know I had a kid on the way or that we were working on a relationship with each other. You. Shut. Me. Out. Don't forget that."