Chapter 79

"Did you find a house with everything I asked?"

"I found a few," my personal assistant replied.

"And, give me details."

"This one has four bedrooms," she started.

I cut her off. "I don't want it. I specifically said five bedrooms. Next."

"Okay, the next one has five bedrooms, two bath-."

I cut her off again. "Can you not follow simple direction?" I snapped. "I asked for very specific things. It shouldn't be that hard to fill out what I asked."

"Yes, Hunter." My personal assistant sighed.

"Do you have what I asked?"

"Yes."

"Well, go ahead and tell me."

"This one is a mansion of sorts. It has three floors; a basement, main floor, and an upstairs. It has five bedrooms, the pool, a big backyard, many additional rooms on top of that with which you can do as you please. There is a big living and dining room, a lot of space, and the owners said it was perfect for a family."

"Finally, you accomplished as I asked."

"What do you want me to do with it?"

"Contact the realtor, seal the deal. After you do, forward me the address and have the realtor meet us there. I'm going to tell Sam, now, before she is induced tomorrow."

"You're going to have your baby tomorrow? Awe, that's so sweet. Congratulations, sir."

"Thanks Angelica," I smiled. "Please get that done. I'll be talking to you soon." I hung up the call and drove back to Sam's work.

I walked into the building and the receptionist smiled at me. I gave her a sharp nod and continued my way up to the top floor. When I finally arrived at the top floor, Sam's assistant greeted me. "Good evening Mr. Thomas. Ms. Dawson informed me a couple of hours ago that she did not want to be disturbed. Would you like me to ask if you can interrupt her?"

"No, that's fine. I'm just going to go in anyways. Thanks though. Please don't let her know, either." She looked at me with panic. "Don't worry, I won't let you lose your job over it. I'll let her know it was me, I will take responsibility.

"Thank you, sir" she replied, returning back to her desk.

I walked back towards Sam's office and walked in. She had her head on her desk, by the looks of it sleeping. I walked over to her. "Sam," I whispered, gently shaking her shoulders.

"I said I didn't want to be disturbed," She woke up, wiping her eyes.

"Sam, are you okay?" I asked her, as she continued to wipe her face.

"I'm fine, Hunter. What are you doing here? I thought I told you to go home."

"I did leave, but then I realized something."

"What did you realize?" She replied, rolling her eyes at me.

"When I was eight, I beat your uncle up." Her face grimaced at the memory. "After that, it was like I was your knight and you were my princess who needed my protection," I said, using my mother's analogy. "I defended and protected you from every threat that came your way. it was my job to make sure you were okay and that's what I did. You were my best friend who needed protection. That's all I saw you as."

"I already know I'm your best friend, Hunter."

My phone beeped and I looked at it.

Angelica: 138 Iris Avenue.

"Come with me," I replied, holding my hand out to her.

"Hunter, I don't want to go anywhere right now."

"You'll like this, I promise." She looked at me, like I was lying. "I need to do this, and I need to finish talking, please?"

"Fine," she grabbed my hand and I led us to the hallway.

"Goodnight, Jackie. Feel free to go home whenever." Sam spoke to her assistant.

"I knew her name was Jackie!" I exclaimed.

"You didn't know my assistants name?"

"That doesn't matter. Let's go, we have someplace to be."

I walked with her to my car and helped her get in. Once we got into the car, I continued my speech. "Somewhere along the lines, that changed. I'm not sure what it was, maybe it was having sex, or maybe it was before then. I realized that you were it for me. When I picture a future, it's with you in it. You're the only girl that gets to wear my sweatshirts, cuddle me and sleep in the bed next to me. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner and I almost let you slip between my fingers. But, you're it for me Samantha Dawson and I want no one else but you."

I pulled into the driveway of the house Angelica sent me and unbuckled my seatbelt. I walked over to her side of the car and helped her out of it. I grabbed her hand and walked towards the house. "You said to me before I left earlier today that you wanted a future with the father of your child, and you wanted to be happy. You had a dream house that you wanted and had your future mapped out. Well, you can have all of it. You can have the future with the father of your child, the dream house, and everything you want. You just have to say yes."

I twisted the door knob, hoping it would unlock. Sure enough, it did. I walked in with her and let go of her hand. "This could be yours, ours, if you want it."

She looked at me and started to tear up. She quickly wiped her eyes and looked around the living room. "You mean it?" She asked me.

"I do. I meant all of what I said, Sammy. I mean it."

The tears rushed down her face and she smiled up at me. "Hunter, I –" She gasped and looked down at the floor. Surrounding her was a puddle of water. "My water broke," she whispered, and looked up at me, frightened.

"Shit," I said.