Chapter 18

Picture on the right -----> still nothing :D

Remember! We have votes still going up for the pictures of your favorite characters! Vote for who you wanna see, ten votes or I'm not posting a pic!

Guys, one vote, really?

Layton:1

Please remember to comment :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Halloween is in two days, and sadly enough Layton's swimming team started up today. Mike drove Chris and i home and i couldn't help but feel so sad that lay couldn't drive me. Once mike dropped me off i went to my moms apartment and greeted her like i normally have. I told her i was home and she welcomed me.

It's still pretty awkward between us but she has changed. She hasn't said anything mean to me and she's been doing some nice things every once in a while. I've been living with her for about two weeks and we've had a few conversations but not very many.

Layton is usually over so she leaves us alone, sometimes bringing us snacks.

When i greeted her i noticed her on the phone again, looking at the calendar like she was the first day i moved in. I went into my room and put my bag away then grabbed a sketch book and sat in the living room. I pretended to sketch a drawing a drew before while i listened to my moms conversation.

She sighed heavily. "I understand but your shipment has to be tomorrow. If not then it'll be another week before you get it." She stopped to listen. "I don't know what to tell you mister Albert, i am truly sorry for your loss but you have to make a decision, tomorrow or next week. Don't you have a relative or someone who can watch your store for you to get the package?" She flipped between the moths on the calendar since next week would be the first week of November. "It's cant be the day after tomorrow because we have other shipments to make our only free date would be next Wednesday."

Shipments? Packages? What does my mom do? I sure hope it isn't anything bad, please let it just be books or fresh produce. Anything but drugs.

"Ok. Next Wednesday it is. Good bye mister Albert." She hung up then wrote something in her calendar. Before she could turn around and look at me i went back to tracing my drawing, shading it slightly to make it look different. My mom came in and sat on the couch next to me.

She let out a heavy sigh and rested her head back. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "What was that all about?"

She massaged her head with her fingers. "Just dealing with costumers. The person i was just talking to, his mother died not to long ago and her funeral was tomorrow. He's had the shipment for his books scheduled for a while and suddenly he wants to change it. I understand what he's going though but it's irresponsible to act like then when you're an adult." Thank god it's just books.

"So that's what your conversations were about. I wondered where you worked." I told her still looking at my drawing.

I don't feel comfortable talking to her face to face yet. "I'm sorry i haven't told you. I work for a company that ships out books to book stores. Actually if you ever want, I have access to left over books. If there's a book you want i can see if we have extras of it and get it for you."

I nodded slightly. "Uh thanks." I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes as she smiled slightly. She grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, with the volume low. I think she trying not to disturb my drawing. But I'm not even really drawing...

I got up and returned to my room and pulled my phone out of my backpack. Lay sent me a message telling me he'd be out of the swim meet at 5 and that he'd be coming over. I sent him a message letting him know i knew then opened up my window to let some air in. I really like the view from my window, it inspires me to draw more. And for the last week I've been taking my sketch book with me into the woods and finding different places to draw.