two

my audition. my audition is today! In 2 hours 3 minutes and 27 seconds and I'm so nervous.

for the past two days all I've managed to do is think about Aaron, Olivia gave me his number and we have been texting. He's really nice, sometimes I find myself thinking about him, he is such a nice guy.

I put on my coat and my shoes while I hug Olivia while she gives me a hug, I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. I can only hope that all goes well.

"Good luck, and remember I will not be okay with Roger being ugly" Olivia winks as I role my eyes as a response "love you" i say as grab my dance bag which has a change of clothes in it, I walk out the door.

I thought I would stop by a coffee shop and grab a coffee before I leave to go on the subway. I walk into the nearest Starbucks and get just a black coffee. Once I got it I started to walk to the subway, I took a quite look at instagram and then I got a text.

Aaron: Morning beautiful

Shit. No not today, I need to focus on this audition and this audition only. I keep thinking about Aaron and when ever I get a notification that he has text me I get the same feeling that I got when he kissed me. I'm new to this and I don't get what I'm feeling until I felt a bump and feel the hot coffee spill all over me.

"oh my god I am so sorry" I basically scream as I look up and realise i barged into a random guy. Good thing I brought a change of clothes.

"It's fine, just watch where you are going next time" he says with out looking at me. But I recognise his voice, it's familiar.

"Jeremy?" I question as I squint my eyes.

"Marea?" he says while finally looking at me.

You see me and Jeremy go way back, our parents were bestfriends growing up and I was bestfriends with his sister, Leah. When we got into our teens we both realised we had feelings for each other. We dated a bit in highschool but then decided that it would be better for both of us if we just stayed friends.

"oh my god, how are you!" I say while hugging him.

"I'm good, how are you" he smiles back.

"I'm good" i smile releasing the hug

"So it's been..." he starts

"5 years" I giggle after

Me and Jordan ended up exchanging numbers and both promised to stay in touch. Hopefully we do because I have really missed him.

I quickly ran back into the coffee shop and changed.

The Audition

I walk into the studio, I see other girls warming up, stretching doing whatever you do when you go to an audition.

I start to look around the studio, taking in everything. I have a worried feeling in my stomach. 'It's just an audition you will be fine" I repeat to myself in my head.

"Ugh" I hear as I turn around because I must of bumped into another person, I really need to watch what I'm doing.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry" I say putting my head and hand down to help her get up.

She looks up at my hand and scoffs at it, then she stands up and looks at me.

"Listen, being all nice and friendly isn't going to get you anywhere in the show business, being fake isn't the way to get around. I've been successful in this business for 5 years now. I should know" she hisses at me.

If she's really that 'successful' how come i don't know who this girl is? I really wanted to tell her that but I've been taught that the audition starts the minute you walk through the door, so I decide to stay silent.
"Oh and Marea please tell Aaron that Abbie says hi" She sniggers.

What?

what does she mean?
how does she know that I know Aaron?
how does she know my name?
how does she even know who Aaron is?

I decided to lay my things down and start stretching out my legs. I really needed to get the tension out my hands and feet. I decided that I would speak to Aaron about it once I get out of the audition, just now I'm going to put my all in to get this role.

A few girls have went into the audition room before me I guess a girl beside me could tell I was nervous because she decided to talk to me.

"Hey, you nervous?" A dark haired girl with a red scrunchy asked while sliding beside me, she was drinking an iced coffee.

"A little, is it that obvious?" I giggle.

"No not really.. it's just you were picking at your finger nails" she says taking another
sip of her coffee.

I look down at my fingers and realise I am picking them. How nervous am I?

"Oh yeah" I laugh "I didn't even notice"

"I'm Hannah" she says smiling holding out her hand

"I'm Marea" I say shaking hers

"how old are you, I'm 28" she smiles

"I'm 27, this is my first audition for broadway" I say smiling

"I've played Anita from west side story and just finished six months ago" she said proudly and rightfully so.

"Hannah S" the Director called once he walked through the door.

"That's me" she smiled.

"Good luck" I smiled back.

Some time passed and Hannah came out of the studio and ran over to me.

"How was it!" I asked eagerly.

"Okay I guess, I could of done better" she shrugged.

"But that Roger, imagine angry sex with him" she says fanning her face while I giggled, at least Olivia will be happy.

"Do you want me to wait until you are done and then we can go for a coffee or something" she smiled.

"Sure" i say, quickly thinking about what I'm doing after this.

"Marea R" the director calls.

"That's me" I smile to Hannah my new friend.

"Good luck!" She smiles

"Hopefully they take me instead of leaving me" I whisper to myself walking into the audition room.

"Hello, Marea welcome to The Rent Revival 2019 Mimi Auditions, This is Jeremy and he will be playing Roger"

I shook Jeremy's hand like I didn't know him, this is going to be awkward.