My Shooting Star | Johnnyboy

Pony's P.O.V:

I was reading Gone With The Wind in mines and Soda's room. Everyone else was downstairs having a good time. Well that's what I thought until someone knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in!" I yelled out, and Johnny came into the room. I blushed lightly and looked away so he didn't see it. I developed a crush on Johnny. I knew he wouldn't like me back. I mean, who would like me?

"Whatcha doing Pone?" He asked with that soft and gentle voice of his. God his voice is like music to my ears.

"Was just finishing a chapter of Gone With The Wind. I was gonna go see the sunset at the park, you wanna join me?" I asked, he nodded his head. I grabbed my purple hoodie and walked out the room with Johnny behind me.

"Darry, is it alright if me and Johnny go see the sunset at the park?" I askes him. He nodded his head and told me to be back before 12:00 and to be safe.

Johnny and I made our way to the park in silence. It wasn't a awkward silence, it was a comfortable silence. Our hands would brush against each other and it would make me blush a little. God, what this boy has on me.

We made it to the park and we lay down on the grass together. The sunset is so beautiful and peaceful. Makes me think about the poem Robert Frost wrote, 'Nothing Gold Can Stay'. I told Johnny about the poem one time and he said that, that is a perfect description for a sunset.

The sunset makes you forget what's going on around you and around the world. It's like it hypnotizes you with its beautiful colors and patterns.

"Golly, that sure is pretty." I heard Johnny say, I smiled.

'Yeah, its beautiful like you,' I thought. I sighed knowing that he would never like me back.

"What's on your mind Pone?" He asked. I looked over at him and saw him staring at me with those big, beautiful, black eyes of his. Its so easy to get lost with those puppy dog eyes.

"What you mean Johnny?" I asked him, I looked back to the sunset.

"You sigh when theres something on your mind or when your struggling with something. Now, what's on your mind?" He asked me again.

'I'm struggling about how am I going to win your heart,' I thought. But I knew I couldn't win his heart.

"I'm just thinking about the poem Robert Frost wrote. I still haven't figured out what he means by it." I lied. And I feel damn guilty about it too. I hate lying to Johnnycakes, I feel like it'll hurt him as much as he gets abused by his parents at his home.

He nodded his head and looked back to the sunset. I tried to get the idea about me and Johnny dating out of my head because that it'll never happen. But it's hard when the person you love is next to you. If only he knew how I felt about him, it'll probably help me out a little bit.

The sunset was about to end, my attention was back on Johnny since he tapped me on the shoulder.

"What's wrong Johnnycakes? Something on your mind now?" I asked him.

"The poem, I think I know what he means about it." He said.

"Well let's here it then," I replied.

"I think he ment you're gold when you're a kid, like green. When you're a kid everything's new, dawn. It's just when you get used to everything that it's day. Like the way you dig sunsets Pony. That's gold. Keep that way, it's a good way to be." He finished.

I was bewildered by this. He wasn't wrong, that was a perfect explanation for it. I understood it now thanks to Johnny.

"Geez Johnny, I would never knew what it meant if you hadn't explained it right now." I flashed a smile at him. He smiled back at me.

"We should try to make Dally look at one, might show him a thing or 2 about life." I chuckled at this.

"Dallas Winston looking at a sunset? He'll think we're crazy! I'll believe it when I see it." I laughed and Johnny did too. I looked back at the sky, it was full of stars now.

"Have you ever thought of why there are so many stars at night?" I heard him ask.

"I always thought it was people who past away. That's what I thought, and the brightest ones are the ones you lost in your life." He nodded, knowing what I meant.

I kept my gaze on Johnny, I heard him gasped.

"Pony, did you see that?! It was a shooting star!" He said all excitedly. He looked at me.

"Yeah, I did. What did you wish for?" I asked.

"I wished for the person I love would notice my love for them one day." He said. "What about you Pony?"

"I wished for my best friend to help me from stop staring at a shooting star." Johnny looked at me confusingly.

"Your that shooting star Johnny, my shooting star." He blushed at this. I smiled.

"P-Pony?"

"I've been meaning to tell you this for awhile Johnny. I-I like you, a lot." I looked away from him. I was embarrassed.

I felt him grab my hand, I looked at him and he was smiling at me. I was beyond confused.

"I-I like you too Pony. I have been for awhile now." I smiled at him. I was wrong, he really those like me.

I leaned in and so did him. Our lips collided and we shared a long, passionate kiss. We pulled apart and stared into each others eyes.

"I love you Pony."

"I love you too my shooting star."
----

How was this?