Chapter 1

"Young Master! Please wake up! You have a taekwondo and karate lesson in 15 minutes! You need to get ready!"

Air softly exhaled through my nostrils as a familiar voice reached my ears. Footsteps echoed through the room as I refused to acknowledged that there was a figure standing beside me. With an audible sound, I grimaced as I sensed the area around me being invaded by a visible form of energy; light.

I extended my arm to hover over my face to reflect the light from my eyes. Once I knew that I wouldn't be blinded by the unnecessary lamination, I pried my eyes open to glance at the miniature framed female that stood beside my bed with a stern expression.

"Thank you, Mei. Please give me a few moments to change and I'll be down soon."

"... Are you sure you aren't going back to sleep once I walk out of this room?"

I could only sheepishly cough into my fist as I didn't make eye contact with Mei. My antics didn't seem to amuse the female since she only glared at my in annoyance.

"Young Master!"

"Aright, alright. I promise I won't go back to sleep.... this time"

I spoke as I whipped the sheets off of my figure as I maneuvered my body so my feet could make contact with the chill temperature of the hardwood flooring. I tilted my head upwards to give Mei a smile before I stood with my correct posture, my height noticeably overlapping her's.

"Alright then, I trust you. Please get ready quickly. You have 12 minutes until your lesson. And we both know how your teacher doesn't have the patience for lateness."

I watched the retreating figure close the door after she exited the room. With an exhale, I extended my arms above my head to stretch and allow blood to pump through my veins, signaling the beginning of another morning. With my simple exercise completed, I brought my attention towards maintaining my physical hygiene.

After spitting the mint flavored paste and rinsing with water, I brushed my mane to straighten the black strands that laid above my head. I walked over to my wardrobe and selected a common replica of my common attire for physical movement.

With the white robe and an identical shade of trousers covering my body with a black belt tied against my waist, both colors contrasting against each other as a result of an elegant appearance. I had also collected my hair into a bundle with a basic length of a ribbon, so the mentioned hair wouldn't provide me with any fatigue throughout my day.

With a nod of approval, I walked towards the direction of the doors to exit my room. Two men greeted my vision as they were cladded in the stiff material of iron with blades held protectively against their side. I suppose they were the assigned guards to assure that my sleeping quarters were protected and undisturbed.

"Good morning, Young Master."

"Good morning. Nothing suspicious around the castle, I hope?"

"It was quiet, Sir."

"Good. Though, it would be nice to have some excitement. With all this quietness, you all might be getting weak or lazy."

"Oh please! Like I can get weak!"

The guard boosted with an mockingly arrogant grin. My lips twitched upwards in amusement as a chuckle a shared between the three of us. After the laugh, the other individual faced my direction to ask me a query.

"Out for another lesson?"

"Of course. Now that you mention it... I should get going, shouldn't I?"

"That's right. You know how dramatic Rin can be when you're a second late."

"You're not telling a lie there. Well, I'll see you later then. And pray that Rin is in a good mood today."