XVIII

"Yes, yes. Of course. Do as you will," Alpha Steven prompted.

"Wait, what?!" I shrieked. "You're just going to let them do this? You barely know them!"

Alpha Steven looked down at me with his eyes in disbelief. "Ella, it's time for you to go. Don't think I'm oblivious as to why you're here."

"It's obvious you're running away," Luciel chimed in. "We were going to discuss it with you anyway."

I pouted and desperately pleaded, "You don't understand! I'm just a disappointment to him. He even said it himself. I wasn't who he was expecting. How can I love him if he doesn't love me for me?"

Everyone crossed their arms, some raising their eyebrows. "Knowing you Ella, you might've just jumped to conclusions. Did you even talk to him about it?"

"N-No," I huffed.

"Our point exactly," Riley said. "Now, c'mon. Let's go."

Riley started to grab my arm and drag me out of the mansion.

"W-Wait! Don't you want to hang out with Alpha Steven? Don't you want me to show you around the place I grew up in?" I frantically asked, trying to make it difficult for him to pull me along by stabbing my heel into the ground.

Of course, the big strong wolf he was, that was no problem. Riley continued to pull me along.

"We can do that after you talk to your mate," he said. "We'll be back in a couple of hours. Ryan, don't cause any trouble please."

I looked back to see Ryan passively nodding and crossing his arms. All the while, everyone else was just waving farewell and innocently smiling.

There was no way out of this.

❅ ❅ ❅

We officially left the mansion and Riley grabbed one of the many cars my pack possessed.

"Now," he said, getting in the driver's seat while sitting in the passenger. "Where is the Sirius Crescent Pack?"

"That's a good question," I replied.

An awkward silence followed.

"A good question you're supposed to answer," Riley said, urging me on.

I huffed and looked out the window with a pompous face. "What makes you think I'll tell you?"

Riley banged his forehead on the steering wheel. "C'mon Ella. Why are you being so defiant?"

It was from that question that I just couldn't keep it in anymore. Tears erupted from my eyes. Riley looked over frantically, his hands not knowing what to do to comfort me.

"W- What's wrong? I'm sorry! I knew this was a bad idea. Stupid Ryan," he said, figuring to massage my back.

I shook my head. "N-No, I'm sorry. I feel bad for everything. From you guys and Asher having to deal with me. I just hate myself so much and don't know how to fix it. It's a miracle how I have such a loving family."

Riley took my chin and pulled it into his sad ones. His eyebrows were furrowed with worry.

"Ella... you're an amazing person. I love you. You were always there for me. You might not think too highly of yourself, but to me, you're an absolute angel. I wouldn't know what I would do without you. In my opinion, you're one of the most beautiful people I have ever met."

He bit his lip, trying to search for the right words.

"You may not love yourself right now, but if you start to let people in and see how happy they are to be with you then perhaps you'll find out just how truly amazing you are."

He wiped my tears away with his large hand. "I bet your family and our friends think the same thing. What makes you think Asher is any different?"

We stayed in the car until my ugly crying gradually turned into small sniffles.

With one last hiccup, I took a big breather and said, "Okay, I'm ready?"

Riley held my hand lovingly. "You sure?"

I nodded and he prepared to start that engine.

"Oh wait, I don't have the car keys."

❅ ❅ ❅

The drive took about half an hour and Riley was in disbelief that I ran all the way from the Sirius Crescent Pack to home.

I shrugged it off. I needed some way to make up for my inability to shift.

We parked in front of the great gate for about fifteen minutes, not saying anything.

Riley finally managed to gain the confidence to say something. "So, are you going to go in?"

I fiddled with my bracelets and looked down at my legs. "Y-Yeah, just give me a moment."

"Ella, it's been fifteen minutes. Get out of the car."

My trembling hand finally pulled on the car handle and opened the door. "F-Fine. Can you come with me please?"

Riley sighed but nodded. "Let me park this first. We can't really park it in front of an entrance."

"Oh, by the way Riley," I said. "You never told me you got a license."

He scoffed. "Because I didn't?"

"Oh, okay," I said, before relaying back. "W-What?! You've been meaning to tell me you drove me here illegally?"

He shrugged. "A license isn't mandatory. I mean, we're wolves. We can shift and just let our wolves do the work."

I crossed my arms. "Yes, because that is totally feasible for me."

Riley scratched his head. "Oh, oops. I forgot, sorry."

He parked the car and escorted me through the gate. And there, playing with his siblings, was Will and all of his handsome features. When analyzing him, I could see his eye bags were deeper than before.

"W-Will?" I manage to croak out. 

He looked over and stared at me with wide eyes. "Ella?"

"It's Ella!" Lucy, one of Will's little sisters, said.

Lucy and Jane courtesied and I replied with the same motion.

"Hi," I said, smiling at them as they stuck onto Will's legs. 

Will was looking at me in disbelief. "It's been a while. Do you want me to get Asher?"

I nodded. "How is he?"

He looked the other way with a pained face. "Not too well I'm afraid. Come with me, I'll show you."

"I'll stay back," Riley said, crouching down to Lucy and Jane's level. "Do you guys want to play tag with me?"

They looked at each other reluctantly, but Will gave them a little push of reassurance. "Go ahead. I'm sure he doesn't bite."

And so the sisters did. Will led to inside the mansion. There were people out and about, all looking at me with their deep stares. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I wasn't going to let them get to me.

Will and I didn't say a single word to each other. When we reached the door, he knocked on it first and then opened it. I held my breath.

Inside the musty room was Asher with all of his attractive features looking dull. He was doing work at his desk, not paying any mind to Will.

"Will, go away. I'm working."

"A-Asher?" I muttered. There was something stuck in my throat as I saw his head slowly rising from the desk. "H-Hi."