XIX

The ball of silence dropped as we just stared at each other with an intense gaze. I could see his deep eye bags that distracted people from his beautiful, serene eyes. Did I cause this?

As I was about to say something, at lightning speed, the stack of papers flew off the desk and warmth enveloped me. Did... did he hate me? Was he angry?

"Ella..." he murmured, sticking his face into my neck.

A blush spread across my face as I reluctantly embraced his hold, inhaling his scent. This was slightly embarrassing, but I could bear it. After all the things I put Asher through, it was the least I could do.

"I'm sorry," I said, tears erupting. I mentally cursed myself for being such a cry baby. "I'm sorry for not being who you want me to be."

His hold tightened. "No, no. You're perfect just the way you are. Yes, you are different than what I had expected but that doesn't mean I don't like who you are right now."

"I just wish... I could be what you want me to be," I said while biting my lip. My heart was racing as I listened to his steady one while taking in the addictive scent of his cologne.

"You are what I want you to be!" Asher said. "I'm so so sorry for making you feel as if you weren't enough. Ella, you are enough."

Hearing the words everyone else had been saying from my mate's relieved my heart a tremendous amount. For the first time, I accepted Asher's words and smiled contently. He did like me. He wasn't mad at me. He was just happy I was back in his arms.

We embraced each other for quite an amount of time until both of us were satisfied. It wasn't so awkward as Will already dismissed himself from the room.

When I felt like it was finally enough, I looked up at Asher's tired face and rubbed my thumb against his high cheekbone. 

"Did I make you like this?" I asked guiltily.

He rubbed against my thumb before replying, "I'm not going to lie. You were a factor. But, I was behind on my work already so that would've happened either way. If you were by my side I wouldn't have any trouble at all with this workload."

I looked down again. "So, does this mean we're going to try and work this out? Are we... 'dating' as humans say now?"

Asher pondered. "I don't know about this 'dating' that humans do, but I guess so."

He said it in a very cheeky way with a cute smile, which caused my own mouth to turn upwards.

I wasn't going to run away anymore.

"Now, finish your work. I'll be back okay? My friend who drove me here is waiting outside," I said, sad to let go of Asher's hands.

I could tell there was still a worry in his eyes, scared that I would leave him again. He was like a cute, whimpering puppy. To satisfy him, I went on my toes to kiss him on the cheek before hurriedly leaving the room with an extremely red face.

Will was waiting outside patiently, his handsome figure leaning against the wall with arms crossed.

He looked down at me with curiosity. "How did it go?"

"Everything is fine now," I said and followed with a sincere apology. "Will, I'm sorry for causing you so much distress. It was probably really stressful handling Asher in that state."

I was expecting some kind of anger to arise, but instead, he just ruffled my hair with a chuckle. "Apology accepted. Just don't do it again. You had no idea how bad it was. He wasn't eating or drinking and worse, showering."

A small laugh was let out of me. "Again, sorry. Now I just need to tell Riley what happened. I've already planned it out. Riley will go back on his own and I'll go back to my pack with Asher once he's caught up with his work."

"Are you not staying?" Will asked with a frown.

"Well you see, my mother is pregnant with my future sibling and I want to be there to take care of her and the baby for a while. But once everything is settled, I'll definitely come back. Or maybe, I'll come back every weekend until the baby comes out. Is that not okay?" I asked worried Will would scold me.

He scratched his head. "I mean... it's fine. But have you consulted Asher about this?"

I shook my head. "I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. He would be coming with me over there to meet everyone and after that, he could go back here to resume his duties. I'll still be stopping by every now and then."

Will chewed on the bottom of his lip with worry. "Well... what you don't get Ella is that Asher just got you back. Do you really think he would let you go again? What if you don't come back? Sorry, but your word hasn't been the most trustful to rely on..."

Of course, I took offense to that but understood Will's point of view. It's true, my words haven't been the most substantial, but I was keen on keeping it this time.

I sighed. "You're right. I'll discuss my plans with him after I send Riley off."

Will nodded and lead me to the front, where Riley was being harassed profusely by the kids playing in the yard.

"H-Hey don't try to pull down my pants!"

Jane pulled down Riley's pants just far enough to see his Pokemon boxers. I had to face away in order to hide my laughing face. Riley spotted me and Will snickering in the distance.

"You guys had to come at the wrong time huh?" he said and brushed off all the kids.

Lucy and Jane scurried to their older brother and tugged on his shirt.

"Will, Will!" they shouted. "We like this mister!"

Will chuckled as he walked toward Riley. "I do too."

And with that, Will pulled Riley's arm toward his own and smashed his lips against his.