Chapter 6

Raven is sprouting perfectly. Sadly to say Demitri isn't here to watch it too. I haven't seen him in weeks and now it's affecting me. I miss him, I've seen him so many times within the last month and now he just stopped, it's like width drawl. I have a horrible addiction to King Demitri, who evidently could give a rats ass about either of us. I'm once again left affected by his own actions. Why would I have thought for even a second that Raven would make him want me? Nobody changes, not even for there own flesh and blood. It was only a matter of time before he stopped reaching out at all, hopefully he doesn't comeback, I can't take another beat of rejection. Raven lays swiftly on my bed smiling as I tickle her trying to keep her from crying. Her toothless grin amazes me every second she holds it.
"What's she doing?!" I gasp kissing her belly. I look back up and see her big smile and feel content and satisfied. I finish dressing her in a small purple dress and grab her small brush and move her hair from her forehead to the side. I carry her outside and lay her down on the blanket and run back inside grabbing a canvas and my paints and brushes and come back outside.
"Raven!" I shout when I notice she isn't on the blanket. I drop everything and search for her. I frantically move the blanket thinking she moved but that's impossible only being a month old. I turn around to walk back into the house and run to my room to call for Helena when I see her laying in her crib sleeping peacefully. I pick her up and hold her tightly to my chest and tears fall from my face. I take a deep breath and kiss her head and still call Helena. She comes quickly and wonders what's going on. I place Raven back in her crib and close my door and talk to her outside.
"What happened?"
"I was just outside with her I payed her down and went back inside to get my art things but when I came back in she was gone, I searched everywhere when I finally came into my room to call for you I saw her sleeping in her crib. Who knows about her and this place Helena?" I tell her frantically. Helena stands back up and walks into my room, I follow her and watch her lead to the crib. She reaches down into her coat pocket and pulls out a jewel hanging from a chain and throws it up in the air over Ravens head. I gasp and run for her crib hoping to catch it before it hits her small head but Helena holds me back, and to my surprise the jewel never touches her head but hangs over her lit up into multiple colors.
"What's going on?" I ask. Helena finally lets go over me and removes the jewel from above Raven. She turns back towards me and leads me back into the living room.
"It appears Raven has the gift of movement, nobody knows about you or her, besides the King himself that is, just like Mercy has the gift of weather, hers is movement, that's why she was able to move herself into her crib, although I don't think she realized that since she's just a baby, but because she fell asleep she ended up there." Helena says with admiration, I immediately relax and take a deep breath.
"So she's fine?"
"Of perfectly! But here keep this on her and never take it off, this will stop her from teleporting, but not stop her from moving things around, atleast she won't disappear." Helena says and pulls out a small gold bracelet. I walk back into the room and place it in her small hand and come back out to Helena.
"How's Mercy?"
"That radiant little devil is mesmerizing!" She gushes, I almost hesitate with the devil statement but I let her continue.
"She runs everyone wild, always escaping to be with the other kids and horses! Demitri loses it all the time."
"Where's Corella?"
"Stuck pestering the people for new rules."
"Oh."
"Mercy also has been practicing with her magic and controlling it. She's so smart, but the attitude and energy on her is sickening. I'm not sure what's worse some times!" She sighs and smiles just thinking about her.
"She misses you."
"Me?" I ask in shock.
"Yes, during our lessons she always whispers about you, talks about how alike you both look, she complains about not seeing you enough and is waiting for you to visit because apparently you told her you would." I show a guilty smile and try to come up with an excuse.
"I just was trying to get her to go home, she wanted to stay!"
"Well she waits every night outside her balcony for you, she tells Lincoln and Parker every night her second mommy is coming back to see her, this is getting dangerous Jamie, even for her."
"I know I'm sorry."
"Thankfully she only talks to us three about it but still she's only five who knows what she could tell the kids. And Demitri, whatever happened here has left him in deep anger, he's ill tempered and keeps to himself besides when Mercy is around."
"I didn't do anything I swear! He just saw Raven, but he was okay about it, I did nothing wrong." I tell her.
"Maybe Raven not being there set him off."
"It couldn't be, he isn't attached to her like he is Mercy."
"You don't understand Jamie, the children to the Kings are all that matter most to them. There's never been a second child to think about, but now he has Raven, he's probably driving himself insane."
"He hasn't tried to visit her once so I highly doubt that Helena."
"Maybe because each visit is another chance for someone to find out." I feel guilty realizing she's right.
"What do I do?"
"Nothing. Sit here and protect Raven, I'll deal with Demitri."
"Thank you for coming." I tell her and she nods her head.
"And thank you for telling me about Mercy, I know you're not allowed, I truly appreciate it." She smiles and stands up.
"Mercy needs her mother." Her echo traces my walls and her presence disappears.