𝔬𝔫𝔢

"Get off of me Jason!" I groan in frustration.

I'm forced to wake up due to my hideous brother crushing my rib cage and penetrating the airflow to my lungs. The thing about me is that I cannot go back to sleep after waking up so it really pisses me off when somebody disrupts that.

"Mom says get up. We have school today dork." Jason laughs cheekily while heaving himself off me.
I frown, eyes still closed.

I am not mentally prepared to go back to school. I understand I had a whole summer holiday but I hate being told what to do and not having a choice. Frustrating trait about Mia #1.

I slowly peel my eyes open to expose them to the light pouring through my sheer curtains. The last thing I see is my extremely immature older brother poke his tongue out at me and then slam the door behind him before I groan once more. Why me?

After washing myself, getting dressed and finishing getting ready, I join my family to breakfast.

While scurrying down the stairs the perfect aroma of my mama's bacon fills the air. I love morning ambience.

When I enter the kitchen my mom is facing the sink, doing the dishes, her short brown hair is pinned back. My dad has his nose in the newspaper and is occasionally taking sips from his warm mug on the circular, dark oak table. My little brother, Jake is flicking scrambled eggs at Jason who is creating an egg fortress. Disgusting.

My mom turns and notices that I've gotten out of bed. She plants a loving, warm smile on her face. I love my mom so much. She's so selfless and knows just the right way to say things and act.

"Your breakfast is on the table, M" she says while turning back to the dishes. I feel bad that she's doing it on her own.

"Go help mom by drying the dishes you pig." I hiss at Jason. He simply gives me a dirty look before trudging to mom. I walk passed my dad and give him a kiss on the cheek before enjoying my breakfast. Afterwards I hurry with Jason to the car.

The great thing about having an older brother is to have him drive you around everywhere. We were so proud of Jase when he passed his drivers test. That was nine months ago and since then I've forced him to drive me to school everyday which definitely beats catching the bus.

We are currently yelling the lyrics of an old Justin Bieber song blasting out of the radio. We both know all the words because when I was 8 I'd listen to all his tracks on my little CD player and dress up Jason and I as popstars so we could perform together to our teddies. Little memories like that make me appreciate every moment I've had to enjoy in my life.

We pull up to school and Jason tells me to get out first because I'm 'too embarrassing to be seen with.' I roll my eyes. Says the guy who used to ask his teddy fans to call him Jason Bieber.

"You act as if we don't share friends." I reply bluntly. His eyes widen in disbelief which makes me laugh because I already know what he's going to say.

"We do not share friends, you stole my friends." He blurts angrily and I manage to suppress a giggle. Ever since we were little Jason and I would share friends but he would always get stubborn about it because he'd always meet them first.

When he started high school, he joined the football team and made lots of friends but he'd never take them over our house because he didn't want me to 'take them away.' When I started high school I managed to bump into one of his friends, Ben, and introduced myself as 'Mia Sanders'. Ben immediately recognised my last name and introduced me to ALL of Jason's friends. So yes, technically I may have kinda stole them but we've got the same taste in people. He's just got to get over it.