𝔱𝔴𝔬

I arrive to break 10 minutes late. That's right I did not manage to get out of this one. When I got back to class and Mrs Candertelp was not having it. I tried telling her it wasn't my fault but she didn't really listen. Of course during detention I was as sweet as a love song which I think made her feel a little guilty. Ot must've worked because she let me out five minutes early.

I join my friends at a table. Sitting there is Ben, Chase, Dwayne, Melissa & Larissa, Jason and Summer.

I go to sit down next to Summer and listen to the various strange conversations that occur between all of them. Ben, Chase and Jason are debating whether chopsticks should be illegal, Dwayne is just silently listening while biting into his sandwich, Melissa, Larissa and Summer are discussing what type of ventilation system the school has installed and no ones noticed that I've arrived although it's the first day of the school year.

"I am Asian and even I think they're dangerous!" Exclaims Ben. I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but-" I can't even finish my sentence because of a considerably loud blonde arriving to table.

"Jasey!" Olivia squeals as she jumps onto my brothers lap. I hear the whole table groan.

"I'm pretty sure there is an N in his name, Olivia." I say to her with a plastic smile. She glares at me.

"And I'm pretty sure there should be a gap between your eyebrows." Snarls Olivia. The boys snicker and giggle and I send them all glares.

Olivia is Jason's girlfriend. She also hates me. We've never got along, in fact everyone except Jason understands this. She especially hates Summer. I just think she's jealous because Summer is so flawless even though she doesn't see it, in fact I understand Olivia being jealous of Summer. Everyone is. I honestly don't get what Jason is doing with Olivia. She's pretty and all but I thought Jase was smarter than that.

"Sanders!" I hear a voice call behind me. My brother and I both instinctively turn around. Eli walks toward me and I shake my head and can't help but slightly smirk when I turn my head to my brother. Jason loathes Eli and yet he still has the audacity to talk to us.. well me.

As Eli approaches I give him a look. I wonder what he wants.

"You, my friend, no longer do pottery." He states. I blink for a second. What?

"What do you mean I don't do pottery?" I ask angrily. This boy is always up to something. Before he can respond my brother's voice intercepts.

"What are you doing here, Daniels?" He says, his voice stern. Even the twins have shut up about the schools ventilation system to listen to the encounter between Jason and Eli.

Eli blatantly ignores him and instead  turns his attention to Olivia and flashes her an award winning smirk. He's smart. Jason pulls Olivia closer to him on his lap. Eli's eyes flit back to Jason before opening his mouth.

"Enjoying my sloppy seconds, Sanders." He retorts smugly. The whole table gasps except for Dwayne who is still munching silently on his sandwich. Olivia seems uncomfortable and I feel sorry for her. No one should be put in this situation, no matter how annoying.

"That's enough Eli" I speak up. "What do you want?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Revenge." Eli says darkly which causes Dwayne to choke on his sandwich that he's been spending so much attention to and burst into throaty, uncontrollable laughter. The whole table turns to him. His laughter turns into hysterics and he's almost doubled over due to his antics. Dwayne is the silent, tough, scary guy of the group who's secretly a softie on the inside. He usually makes us question his actions but right now we are all confused including Eli.