𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

"Did you know that Wilson's favourite Chris Brown song is Undecided? I love that one!" Summer gushes. She's never mentioned liking that song until she's telling me that Wilson does.

She's doing this new thing where she randomly spews out a little fun fact about Wilson during the day and makes me want to blow my brains out.

"Wow, so cool." I drawl with complete disinterest as I play with my iced coffee on the table. We're at the mall because Summer needs some "fresh, new outfits to impress Wilson"

We've been here for two hours. It's 5:00pm on a Monday. The mall will be closing soon. I quickly tell Summer this.

"Let's not waste time then!" She announces enthusiastically, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from the Starbucks we were previously sat at.

My hand in hers, she directs us toward another clothing store and plants me in the entrance before running to the nearest rack. I just sadly hobble behind her.

I play with my hair sleeplessly and sigh further when I remember how much my roots are growing out.

My hair is naturally Jason's color which is a warm brown but I've dyed it a much lighter blonde. I'm just too lazy to get my roots redone though Summer tries to remind me all the time.

"Ooh, look at this Mia!" Summer squeals. "It's a red statement. Wilson's favourite color."

Before I can respond, my phone rings in my back pocket. Summer doesn't really notice as she rushes to the changing room.

I look at the caller ID and see that it's my mom calling. She's probably just asking whether I want a ride home.

"Mom?" I chide as I answer.

"Honey?" She quickly responds, worry laced in her voice. My brows raise and then furrow concernedly.

"Yes, what's wrong?" I worry.

"Mia! Do you th-" Summer starts but I silence her with hand as this is serious. She gets the hint and nods before putting her clothing item back and listening in on the conversation.

"It's an emergency." My mom informs urgently, "You need to come home now and bring Summer."

"Okay, yes Mom." I reply as she hangs up. I wonder what's going on.

"We need to leave?" Summer asks and I nod in response.

Waiting for the bus to get to our stop is insufferable as I'm so concerned. Could it be about the boys? Or Dad? I can't help but chew my nails in anticipation. My nails are terrible, I should really get acrylics. I'll just add that to the list of things I need to do to fix my appearance but can't be bothered.

When Summer and I finally get to my house, 20 minutes later, we rush to the door. I unlock it to see the whole house is dark. It looks as if no ones here. Summer and I share confused and worried looks. I step inside and Summer trails behind me.

"Hello?" I call from the kitchen.

"Up in your room, honey!" I hear my mom's voice from upstairs.

Both Summer and I rush upstairs to my room and open the door without haste. My eyes, now tear-stricken, widen in shock and I'm temporarily paralyzed. Summer brings a shaky hand to her mouth before producing a deafening scream.

"OMG Jordan!" cries Summer before jumping onto the poor girl standing in front of us with a wide grin, forcing both the girls to collapse onto my bed with a wave to flailing hair. I don't know how to do or say anything for a moment. The realisation hits me. Jordan is in my room right now, not miles away.