Chapter 2

Okays so I just thought I'd start Derek's story now coz he's just really fucking amazayn xD anyways sooooo chapter 2??? I think so!"

“He’s won every single race. He’s unbeatable!”

Derek Bale slammed his fist on the metal table and glared at the blonde guy sitting across from him, researching on his laptop. “I think we would know that by now. Just get me all you can on Marel Macconner,” he ordered, standing up and turning to leave the room. He stopped to call over his shoulder. “Including his damn address.” Then he stormed from the room.

Several hours later, Blake entered Derek’s room. “I printed it all out.” He slapped the files onto Derek’s desk. “All in black ink.”  

Derek held a P99 in his hands. He had been repeatedly inserting the bullets and then removing them again.  He finally looked up before snatching up the papers and scanning them. He lifted his head to stare Blake in the eyes. “All of it?”

Blake fidgeted nervously with his hands. “Well, you see… Derek...uh…” he began.

Derek jumped up, slapping his hands on the desk. “You didn’t find his address, did you?”

Blake sighed. “No… nobody has seen him since he moved into Los Angelos. Its as if he has a hidden house somewhere.”

“You can bet he does,” Derek muttered, “and I’m going to find it.”

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Later that night~~~~~

Blake tossed Derek the keys to his black camaro and he smirked. “Going out to get laid?”

“No, you fucking dumbass. I’m just gonna clear my head,” Derek spat and with that, he turned to the door leading to the stairs going down to the garage.

Blake winced at the slam of the door and then just shrugged.

Derek let out a long breath and unlocked the car. Hopping inside, he whipped the door shut and started the engine. It roared to life like he had just energized it with a million electric bolts. All the remaining stress of the day faded away as the tires squealed away into the night, leaving the garage door slowly closing behind them.

Derek rolled down the windows and turned on the radio. He tapped the wheel to the beat, glancing out at the dull scenery he passed.

After several hours, he finally pulled over and cut the engine. Looking around, he squinted at his surroundings. The trees were of no familiarity. He frowned and was about to look at the GPS on his phone when suddenly he sensed movement in the bushes a little feet away from him. He froze and waited several seconds before he saw the bushes move once again. Curiosity won him over and he silently stepped out of his car and walked towards where he had seen the movement. He slipped out his phone to turn on flashlight when suddenly a figure stepped out from behind a tree.

Derek froze in his tracks, fumbling with his phone in his pocket to find a light before this possibly dangerous and unknown suspect killed him. Then suddenly the figure moved, coming out from behind the cover of the brush. Derek took a threatening step forward before demanding, “Who’s there?”

  I raised my head and found myself staring into the brown eyes of a stranger. I tried to yelp, but my dry throat wouldn’t allow it. Finally I croaked out, “My dad sent you didn’t he? He wants me to come back with him!”

Derek narrowed his eyes suspiciously. “Unless your dad is some guy back at my garage, then I’m pretty sure he didn’t send me.” He frowned deeply and stepped closer to me. “Who are you? What are you doing out here?”

I froze unable to reply. If my dad didn’t send this guy, who the hell was he? Or did my dad send him, he was just lying to me? “I-I...uh...I’m…” I stammered. Suddenly pain hit my leg like a hammer, weighing it down like a ton had just fallen on it. I groaned and fell against the tree. I gritted my teeth as the sharp bark came impact with my bare skin.

Derek stood there watching me for about three seconds before he raced over to me and bent slightly to shine his flashlight on my knee. It was gruesomely covered in blood. I winced as I saw the deep cut. Something was sticking halfway out of it but I couldn’t get to see what it was because he whipped the beam off of my leg and onto my face.

I gasped and immediately shielded my face with one arm while the other grasped the tree for whatever weak support it gave me. I didn’t want to let him see the bruises on my face. “Please…” I whimpered out. At first I thought the guy didn’t hear me; he was seeking my face for something and once he either found it or gave up looking, he aimed the light at the ground.

“You’re coming with me,” Derek declared suddenly, reaching out his hand as if he expected me to just take it.

“No…” I mumbled, stumbling once more as I tried to regain my balance. Part of me wanted to gratefully accept his help but the other still scared and half shaken part rejected it instantly. How in hell was I supposed to just grab a stranger’s hand? He could still be working with my dad after all. I had no idea who he was or what he wanted!

“Excuse me?” Derek stepped even closer to me. He was practically right in front of me, staring down at me in surprise- almost surprised that I had rejected.

“Why should I come with you?” I continued softly, staring hard at the ground- afraid to look him in the eyes. Afraid he would suddenly lash out and strike me across the cheek. I choked on a sob as I felt my dad’s beatings like all those times before.

“I’ll help you. Come on,” Derek replied. His voice was softer now.

I knew I could barely survive out here in the woods in the night by myself so I finally responded and slowly let Derek grab my hand and gently lead me towards his car.

“W-who are you?” I asked quietly as he opened to passengers side and helped me in.

He shut the door after saying, “Your friend.”