I still love you

I Still Love You

Written in 2015 - Revised in 2021 

Summary: You and Demi broke up two weeks ago. Your roommate, who's tired of watching you sulk, drags you to a bar to get over her. As you're grinding on someone, you notice Demi doing the same in the bar's corner. You confront her in the bathroom where things get a bit steamy.

Tags: lesbian, love, breakup, jealousy, drinking, sex, dirty talk

_________________________________

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since Demi and I broke up. Two weeks since we went our separate ways. Two weeks since she walked out my front door and never looked back.  

Depressed and miserable don't even comprehend how I've felt these past two weeks. Sulking in my bed, with knotted hair that I haven't brushed in days. Falling asleep on pillows covered in tears and mascara. Empty water bottles and liquor bottles spread across my bedroom floor. Pile of dirty clothes nearly tipping my desk chair backward. 

I wake up to a glass of orange juice and two Advil on my nightstand. A gesture made by none other than my roommate, Samiah. Samiah has given me space these past two weeks, letting me cry, mope and every so often scream. However, after two consecutive weeks of being locked in my room, surrounded by memories, she thought it best to intervene. 

I glance over at my phone, checking the time; five PM. Most people are just ending their day, mine is just beginning. Wrapping my blanket around my body, I make my way to the kitchen. 

Startled by the noise, Samiah turns around, eyes open wide, surprised to see me up and about. She's silent as I enter the kitchen, rummaging through the pantry for something quick to eat. I grab a handful of chocolate chip cookies, turning on my heel to return to my room. 

Samiah gets up from the couch, hurrying over to me. She grabs my arm, stopping me in my tracks. My heavy eyes lock onto hers, pleading for her to let me go back to isolation. 

"A few of us are going to Brodie's for drinks tonight. How about you put on that sexy red lace bodysuit and black leather pencil skirt and join us?" 

Brodie's is a club and bar downtown. Their fries are always overly greasy and their burgers are never cooked to the redness (or lack of redness) requested. However, the bartender is very heavy-handed and makes the drinks way stronger than they are supposed to be. 

"I'm not really in the mood to go."

"I've let you sulk in your bedroom for two weeks. You're going out with us tonight." Samiah demands, grabbing a cookie from my hand before turning on the ball of her foot to return to her position on the couch. 

***

"You will have hot, eligible singles all over you tonight." Samiah insists, spraying my makeup with setting spray. She lets it dry for a few seconds before spinning me in my chair to face the mirror. She settles her chin on my shoulder. "Okay, open." 

I open my eyes and almost don't recognize myself. Full face of makeup plastered on my skin. My eyebrows plucked and filled in, winged eyeliner sharper than a razor, highlight almost blinding and bright red lipstick almost identical to the skimpy lace bodysuit barely covering my body. 

"Wow." 

"I swear if you don't get laid tonight I might just have to take you to bed myself." 

I roll my eyes, observing myself in the mirror again. I do look hot. To be fair, all I've seen myself in the last few weeks is oversized shirts and sweatpants with my hair in a messy bun. I stand up, pulling down my leather skirt before adjusting my boobs in the pushup bra.