♡ Chapter Five ♡

Peter had never really been one to get drunk.

Then again, he had never had the opportunity.

He figures that this is just him trying to make up for the years he spent confined to May's hospital room and his job. Trying to make up for all the missed memories and fading childhood.

Maybe that's why he accepts Natasha's invitation to go clubbing with her and a few friends.

Maybe it's because Natasha's nice and pretty and has the most intoxicating aura of freedom.

Maybe it's because Tony's been acting weird lately and Wade's been sick and Steve's been avoiding him.

Maybe it's because he's been working as many hours as humanly possible as possible and he feels like he deserves a break, a night out.

Maybe it's because he got bad news. If he can't pay his rent within the next three days, he'll be evicted.

Maybe it's his self-destructive tendencies coming to life.

Whatever it is, he's climbing into Natasha's car and being handed a fake ID.

*

"I don't really have a lot of money to spend on booze," Peter admits, almost shouting over the pounding music. He can already feel a headache forming behind his eyes and he's wondering if this was a bad decision.

They made it into the club without a problem, the bouncer barely checked their ID's before they were waved through. Maybe it's because Natasha's looking extra pretty today. Maybe that was on purpose.

"Neither do I," Natasha says, eyes roaming over everyone in the room. "You just need to find someone who looks like they've got money and lay on some flirting. Works like a charm."

Peter looks around the packed room. He doesn't want to pick an older man, he doesn't trust that he'd be able to protect himself while drunk.

Finally, across the room, sitting at the bar by himself, a young man sipping on a fruity drink.

"Nice choice!" Nat shouts into his ear over the music. "Once you get your drinks, come meet me on the dance floor!"

She darts off towards the other end of the room, smiling brightly under the neon lights.

Peter turns back to the man at the bar, takes a deep breath, and walks over.

He has messy dirty-blond hair and a big smile full of perfect teeth. His eyes are dark with thick eyelashes, scruff making his jawline pop.

"Hi, I'm Peter!"

"Jack Calvert," he says, licking his lips as his eyes flit over Peter's body. "You wanna sit?"

Peter nods, glancing self-consciously down at his outfit. A pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black jacket. All thanks to Tony's humongous closet. Tony gave him a few cardboard boxes full of clothing that he no longer wore so Peter's closet has taken a step up from garage sale t-shirts.

"Thanks. What are you doing all by yourself?" Peter asks, keeping his tone gentle and soft despite having to speak loudly to be heard over the music.

"I could ask you the same thing," Jack says.

Peter waves lazily over his shoulder towards where Natasha went.

"I have a friend here. Don't know where she went," he explains.

"Do you want a drink?" Jack says, almost challengingly. "Do you like tequila?"

He doesn't want to admit to never trying tequila because it might make him seem younger than he already seems. So, he nods almost absentmindedly.