♡ Chapter Nineteen ♡

"This weekend's been incredible, but my feet are killing me," Peter says, sprawled out across his bed in the hotel room.

They've decided to spend Sunday night in their hotel room, but head back early on Monday to hopefully make their first class.

Wade nods in agreement, kicking off his sneakers in the entrance to their room. He grabs his backpack from the floor and heads into the bathroom to change into pyjamas for their final night. Peter's already gotten changed, so he starts channel surfing to find something to watch before they go to sleep. It's already past midnight and they have to be up at five to even think about making it to school on time, so it's not going to be a super late night hopefully.

Wade emerges from the bathroom not long later, immediately heading for his bed. He plugs in his phone and leaves it on the nightstand between their beds.

"I've got the alarm set," he says, flipping his phone over before falling back into his bed.

"Do you mind me leaving this on?" Peter had asked that every night and Wade always said that he didn't mind, but Peter still feels the need to ask. Just in case.

"Yeah it's cool. But don't stay up too late," Wade says, pulling his blankets over his body and turning his back to Peter. Not in a rude way, he's just exhausted after their weekend of sight-seeing and hanging out.

And Peter's tired too.

"Night, Wade," Peter says suddenly, voice too loud in the quiet room.

But Wade replies with a laughing goodnight.

*

Peter startles awake. The room is dim, the flickering light of the TV lighting up the otherwise pitch-black room.

The blankets are tangled around his legs, but he can't remember a nightmare. No reason as to why he woke up. Until Wade's phone buzzes again on the nightstand.

With a groan, he fumbles for the phone, figuring it's the alarm waking them up at the ungodly hour.

But the time on the phone says 3:52am and his screen is filled with text messages.

Peter doesn't mean to look at them, it's an accident, but worry fills his chest when he accidentally reads the one on the top.

Natasha\: Peter's going to hate you

His name's on it, he should be allowed to read it, right?

It feels weird and scary, breath picking up as he slides open the message. Wade's password screen pops up, but Peter knows the password after their weekend in Quebec where they were constantly trading the phone back and forth for picture-taking, directions, or whatever else they needed it for.

Above the first message is five others she sent before. They must've been why Peter woke up.

Natasha\: Tony's doing better. Figured you should know I guess. But he's planning on asking Peter to prom when you guys are back. Probably on Friday. He has this whole big thing planned.

Natasha\: Just so you know you're all being awful for doing this in the first place. I know I've been taking the money and stuff but still. This isn't fair.

Natasha\: I know you know you're on a time restraint now that Tony's picked a day to ask but I don't want you to ask Peter to prom first.

Natasha\: It's just going to stress him out. Especially if he says no. Then he has nowhere to go and you're in a different country. Don't do that to him.

Natasha\: Steve's still pissed that he's losing but I think he's come to the senses that this whole mess is awful. Tony's realized that too but he promised he does genuinely care