It was a race for the seeing. Evangeline was impatient the entire morning. Oh, she hardly could sleep through the night. This was exciting! She even dressed her best, in hopes to impress the villain kid transfers. She wondered if they had a good fashion trend?

Her leg bounced while the teacher spoke with such grogginess on the subject of dumb beetles and their anatomy. She hadn't understood the subject and still is confused. Dumb beetles are tiny bugs. I mean, she couldn't complain, because once she finishes school, she'll be shrunk to her original height. So, it actually probably had some important use.

"Miss Evangeline?" Her anatomy teacher purposely called her out for her restlessness.

The girl barely budged at her name being called again. Her eyes tracked the man like a hawk with a mouse.

"Now that I have your attention, won't you tell me how--" RIIINNNNG.

Thank the magic pollens!! Like everyone else, Evangeline jumped up with every intention of running to the front of the school. She was sure that is where the transfers would be arriving at.

"Miss Evangeline." Her teacher called sternly through the small crowd of chatter.

The girl froze. She was in for it this time. Couldn't he give her a break? She did every assignment, every test, every lecture he threw at them! She wasn't really a problem like most students who don't want to learn.

"Hither, Miss Evangeline." The teacher sternly called once more.

Some students snickered as they left the smaller girl behind in the now-near-empty classroom. Evangeline groaned internally, reluctantly doing a struggled robotic twirl and shuffled to the board.

"It appears to me that you are...a daydreamer. You should work on that pronto. I don't like it when students dilly dally in my class." The teacher scribbled more writing on the chalkboard.

Evangeline grimaced. "Yes, sir. It won't happen again."

"I sure hope not. It'd be a shame you'd ruin your squeaky clean record of no discipline. Don't make it a habit."

She was gonna miss them! She wanted this guy to release her from this unreasonable meeting now!

"Okay, if that's all you needed to get out, I'm leaving now!" Evangeline left the man no time to react as she bolted from the classroom.

The second she entered the hallway, she was off. Her legs pumped faster than any other time she's run before.

No! No!

The front of the school was clear and the limousine just drove off. Her heart hammered within her chest. She missed them!

She hung her head, gripping her books in her arms. A giant amount of disappointment filled her from head to toe. She frowned in disappointment.

"I missed them." She mumbled under her breath. 

Her shoulders slumped as she sighed heavily. She really wanted to meet them, too.

Biting her lip, she trudged back into the school once more with heavy footsteps.

!

Words couldn't describe her disappointment. Not only has she missed her chance of meeting the transfers, but she was also currently trying to hide from her demons, aka Audrey. She and her preppy flock were nesting in her usual lunch spot. Evangeline didn't dare tread near the populace. She couldn't deal with their bullying now.

Oh well. She didn't feel very hungry today, anyway. Perhaps she could hole up in the library.

~