Rest in peace, Cameron.

Edit: 01/28/22

Sorry I haven't updated in, like, 2 years. I fell into a depression and a lot of shit happened in my personal life. I should count my blessings and type while I can.

So...enjoy

Apologies, this chapter is short

********

She couldn't believe how she actually wanted to meet them, er well, maybe the others aren't so bad...after all, she's only met one. She shouldn't think so rashly. Evie sounded like a great shopping buddy, even if she herself really doesn't like to shop.

But Jay! He infuriated her! The way he easily called her short and ran away like the worm he was. Evangeline's blood boiled once again. The girl clutched her library book close to her chest, fingers curling tightly around the spine. How dare he call her short!  It appalled her just thinking she was. Evangeline received enough poked fun from the other students, or at least the more popular ones. 

See, Evangeline's very first day at Aurodon Prep wasn't the most pleasant. Considering that she had accidentally bumped into many of the most famous fairy tale children of all time. Audrey was so high on that horse she is so comfortable on, she merely "didn't" see Evangeline because she was simply "short". 

"I'm not that short! Everyone else is just tall!" Evangeline fumed out her muttered rant. Breathing in and out deeply, Evangeline forced herself to calm down. "It's only their first day. Give it time," she told herself silently.

~Later that night~

Evangeline yawned as she walked down her dorm hall. She has dressed in her pajamas already. She let out a bear-like yawn, a hand hovering over her mouth as she did so.

"Heh?" She caught a glimpse of the new girls, Mal and Evie sneaking out of their room. 

Doug really described them pretty well. They were real beauties, all right. Envy struck her green the second she realized it. 

Mal, was she the one who was into leather clothes? Or was she the one in the blue?

"You're the transfers, " Eva said aloud, causing the girls to freeze in their place. "Mal and Evie, right? It's almost past curfew, you know."

The purple-haired girl spun around almost too gracefully, giving a tight smile when the short girl approached them. Mal eyed her up and down, sizing her, as if. She cocks her hip out, placing her fist on her belt with a smirk.

"Isn't it past your bed time?" She spoke, almost snake-like.

Eva practically choked on her tongue, burning red. "Are you insinuating I'm a child?!" 

"What if I am? You're so tiny, I thought you would be." She chuckled, Evie joining her too. 

"I'm sorry, excuse me?" 

Mal's smirk shrunk a little, amused by Eva's reaction. Her eyes flickered to something behind Eva and her smirk widened again.

"Hey, looks like a little mouse lost its way~" A weight presses down on Eva's crown. Come to her surprise, it was Jay, he smirked down at her.

"I am not a mouse, " She sprang out, smacking at his meaty limb. "And don't touch me!" 

"You were right, Jay, " Another boy, white hair with blackened roots strolls past the leather-clad male. "Feisty."

"Just how I like 'em." Jay removes his arm and struts by the girls. He and his friend cackling down the hall.

"Och!" Eva glared at Jay's back, she really wanted to hit him.

She was left distracted and fuming, the girls left her in the hall, laughing after their friends. Frankly, Eva kind of felt a bit hurt. She'd only wanted to welcome to Auradon Prep, but they acted like she wasn't worth their time. Well, then again, they don't know her, and they are villain's kids. She assumed they didn't their manners from their parents.

But...

Why is it when she meets someone new, they always assume the worst because she's...lacking in height?

Her lips form a tight line.

"That went...well." She murmured sarcastically.

Huffing, Eva turned her heel and retreated back to her dorm room before a hall monitor came about and wrote her up.

So uneventful.