Part Four

Waking up, you rub sleep from your eyes and glance out at the dawning twilight so fresh on the horizon. A jolt of energy sailed through you as you remembered where you were headed off to today.
"I get to see Sammy again" you whisper. Immediately, you were suprised by what you had said. Were you really that infatuated with this man? You shake your head, standing up and going to get dressed. You made sure to remove as many wrinkes from your white shirt as you possibly could. The black suspenders lay gently on your chest and wrap tightly around your shoulders. Taking one last look at yourself, you grab your bag and head out the door.

The studio smelled very strongly of coffee when you arrived. People you had never seen were rushing with arms full of papers and coffee cups, trying to keep up with the morning rush. You quickly headed down to the typically quieter Music Department to escape the chaos.

"Oh, Y/N, you're early today" you hear the familiar silvery voice say.
"Good morning, Sammy" you say with a smile. He flashes you a small smile in return, organizing some papers.
"We may actually meet this deadline, thanks to you" he puts the papers down and walks up to you.
"Great! Less stress for the both of us" you say. He chuckles in response.
"Isn't that rare?" he says.
"It seems so" you say, turning to the clock in area so you wont be marked late. Sammy said Joey has a tendency to flip out if people are even a minute late, especially newbies. The click and ring of the machine rang out, and you turned back to Sammy. It was oddly quiet. You looked up at him for a moment before speaking awkwardly.
"We should get started"
"Yeah, I suppose we should..."
Silence again.
He decided to turn around and go to his office, leaving you a slightly flustered mess.
Sammy was usually very reserved, but now he was smiling gently and humming.
For whatever reason, he seemed very at ease with you around.
You followed him, happy that he trusted you.