Nesting - R!Kwitanz (F)

Warnings: none!

Tyler's pov

When I first arrived at our house (still feels weird saying that) I noticed something, his bed was incredibly strange.

I shall make it my first act in our house, to fix the bed.

Brandon's pov

I walked through the door, grocery bags in hand.

I set the bags down on the counter and started putting things away.

Maybe I should check on Tyler, since I had to leave right after he arrived. I thought.

I walked over to look into the living room, expecting Tyler to be on his phone or laptop.

Nothing, huh...

"Tyler?" I called out.

No response.

I went upstairs and saw the bedroom door open, with a, sheet sticking out?

"Tyler?" I asked, pushing the door open.

"What are you doing?"

I looked at the bed, which had blankets, sheets, and pillows strewn around and on it.

"Move your foot" A voice called, muffled.

I looked down to see I was stepping on a sheet on the floor, and picked up my foot, to which the sheet was quickly pulled away.

"What are you doing?" I repeated.

"Nesting, what does it look like?" Tyler replied, poking his head up from the other side of the bed.

I took a moment, wow, he is so pretty.

His shoulder length dark brown hair was in a messy bun but still sticking up in random places.

His dark green feathers were ruffled and his fins were fanned.

His cheeks were pale red, and his heterocromic eyes were glistening in the lamp light.

He moved and I suddenly realized I was staring, but I kept watching him.

He swiftly moved, tucking the sheet around a pillow and smoothing it gently.

He hopped up onto the top of the bed, sitting criss cross, and was neatly tucking blankets and pillows into a oval looking shape.

"What is nesting? Is that an avian thing?" I asked, still watching Tyler's "nesting".

He stopped and turned to me.

"Other people don't nest? How do you get comfortable?" He looked bewildered.

"Uh, it does look pretty comfy, and I don't think it'll bother me, but." I stumbled over my words.

He waved me over with his wing, continuing to tuck and untuck blankets.

I stepped closer, trying not to trod on his masterfully woven sheets and pillows.

Once I came close enough, he pointed to a small hole in the pillow ring.

"Come sit."

Not wanting to disturb the "nest" I carefully crawled into the center of the bed, being wary of my tail, next to Tyler.

He turned to me, the same magical look sparkling in his eyes.

Fuck that was gay.

He leaned against me, looking around at his work.