A History Lesson

I stood in a round room, bigger than my late bedroom. My cell looked as if it were made for an enslaved princess. All the entertainment I'd ever need sat in one corner while a big queen sized bed with plush pillows sat in the other. I walked over to the barred window and looked out. This is what I get for being born. That's what the King meant. He didn't like the fact that a pure royal existed and that his son was my soulmate. I made my way over to the closet and pulled out a variety of dresses and regular clothing, all in my sizes. I'm am still a prisoner, I say to myself as I sat down on the edge of the loveseat, listening to the music from the ballroom below. I should be down there right now, dancing and laughing along with the rest of them. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't hear the doors open.

"Royal." A voice said, causing me to stand up and trip over the skirts of my dress, only to be caught by none other than Prince William. "What are you doing here?" I ask, breathing through the delicious current of energy that occurred at every touch of his skin on mine. "I'm here to see you." He says as we both sir down on the loveseat. "I figured that they'd have you down there dancing in the arms of a random harlot." I said with a shrug and he snorted. "You're a feisty one, aren't you. I like that. To be honest I've had my eyes on you for a while. I'm not interested in anyone else." He pauses with a sigh. "I guess deep down I've always known, you?" He asks me and I blush.
"Well of course I've always been sort of attracted to you. It wasn't until a year ago that those feelings.. Changed." I said and looked away, feeling the heat of my blush spread over my face.

He reached out and turned my face towards his with the tip of his finger. "Do not be ashamed, princess. The color of your blush suits you, along with that dress. If I remember correctly you're more of a T-shirt and jeans person?" He asks and I nod. It amazes me at the amount of details he has noticed about me. I believe he realized that too because we sat there for a couple of minutes before he said anything again. "I've arranged a schedule of times that you are to eat. I've also sent for toiletries to be delivered and stocked into the walk in closet. We just have to wait until twelve o' clock." He says and lays back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"You look as if you're uncomfortable around my gender." I say and he stiffens up. "Can you read minds or something?" He asks and stares at me as if I admitted that I could he wouldn't bat an eye. "N-no. I don't know if I have any magic at all to be honest. I've never had an inclination of so." I say with a shrug, completely honest. "You know, if you did I wouldn't care its in your DNA to have magic. Maybe on your eighteenth birthday. How old are you?" He asked. "I turned eighteen today." I say and he smiles. "I know your sister told me this morning I had to act as if I didn't though." He laughs and I poke him in his side. "Maybe at twelve o' clock tonight?" I ask and he frowned. "Maybe. I got my first taste of power when I turned twenty. My parents were scared until they found out that father was a True Pure Blood." He says and I gasp. He nods and shrugged his shoulders. "He keeps his linage secret. Only pure Royals and True Pure Royals can have powers. You are descended from not just one True Pure Royals but two. I am just descended from one." He says with a smile and curls a piece of of my hair behind my ear. I sit there for a minute staring at him while he decided to check out my prison. I looked at the man that had been chosen to be my soulmate, my other half.

The goddess had chosen well. Chocolate brown hair tumbled to his brow almost carelessly, so thick that I wanted to run my fingers through it. He turned and looked past me and stopped to think and I caught his eyes. A deep blue that sucked you in, so different from my drab pale blues that my mother used to call her diamonds. I'd call his soul stones. There to trap your very soul. His physique screamed sex appeal and it was hard to imagine him as twenty two.

He looks up and catches me staring. "What are you thinking about." He asks as he walks to stand in front of me, a frown etched on his handsome tanned skin, making me wonder how tanned the rest of his body was. I cleared my throat. "To be completely honest, you." I say and look away from him, only to have my attention snap back to him.

I got to see the blush that lightly covered his cheeks. "I believe that would be the beginning of the bond establishing. I need to go I've already stayed long enough, father will be looking for me." He muttered and leaned down to kiss my cheek, pausing before he picked me up and hugged me.

Right before he turned away he whispered to me. "We can't kiss each others lips until twelve. Father wants your name cleared. Needless to say I shall be waiting. I can wait a little more." He says before pulling away. "Father will call for you at eleven thirty, be ready, my love." He says before a guard unlocks the door to let him out, locking it again before they both walked away. After the second door locked I crumpled on the bed. Things were happing too fast for me to think properly. What had just happened?

I had little over an hour of time all together to get ready. I'm sure they'd expect me to wear a simpler dress so I changed into an evening dress of a light blue and kept my hair down as I slipped on the silver heels. When I was done I decided to look more closely along the room. The door looked brand new so I assumed that this was a real bedroom and the idea was at the last minute. Yet the bed and that dresser looked old, perhaps predated the current King.

I walked over and slid open the bottom drawer of the left side and pulled out the old photo albums and opened them to see my mother and father, along with two girls and a boy. I spotted me out fast then turned to stare at the other two children. Sibling? Looking around on the page, I hunted for a name.

King Maximilian Maximum  and Queen Valeria, seen here with their children, Anastasia Royal, Seraphina Charlotte, and Maximilian John.

So they were my siblings, it made me wonder whose room this used to belong to. Going back to the drawer I pulled out a beautiful light gold dress and as I stood up something fell out. I layed the dress to the side and picked up a painting and a crown.  I almost dropped the painting when I saw that the woman looked exactly like me. I looked at the inscription behind her.

Queen Royal Maximus. That means that the dress and crown were hers, possibly this bedroom. "Are you okay?" Someone says and the contact of a hand on my shoulder snapped me back to reality. I turned and there stood Prince William. "Have you ever seen any of this? I asked him and he frowned. "No all of the Maximum's belonging were burned in The Great Fire. Where did you find this?" he asks as he grabs the crown and places it on my head." He asks as I point the the drawer filled with the past. "Keep the crown on its an old True Pure Royal crown that signifies your status. I wish mine had a couple of diamonds though." He says as I look at his simple bands of gold. Mine was of rose gold and encrusted with diamonds. "Well I've never seen this stuff before but I'd keep it a secret for now. You do look a lot like her." He murmurs as he puts up the painting. "Its time to go, my father wishes to speak to us both." He says as he leads me out of the room, maids and Royals alike stopping in their tracks as they see the crown. "The rumors are true." Many whispered as the guards opened up the doors to the kings office, shutting us in and leaving us with the King. "Sit." He tells us both and we accommodate him. I look up to his crown, a complex system of simple gold and diamonds. He looks up and pauses when he sees my crown. "You found the dresser. I decided to let you keep it and the belonging although my wife didn't want you to have them. My brother was good friends with your father." He chuckled. "That crown belonged to your grandmother and that room with it." He pauses as he signs something. "You two need to know that I'm not keeping you up there because I think you were a spy. I do not want your magic although my wife does. I am doing it for your safety." He pauses and sits back in his chair.

Prince William frowned at the suggestion about his   mother. "You mean to say that if anyone knows that she is Maximum's daughter they may try to kill her before she gets her magic?" He demands as he stands up. The King sighs before replying, "That is exactly what I mean, son. She is in more danger than you will ever be in."