chapter 10

A white mist wove in and out from the trees, crawling up the rough bark and dancing with the leaves before getting carried off with the wind. Both Dan and Phil walked aimlessly though the forest, both with bags on shoulders and holding their breath with anticipation.

It was only 3 days ago when they got a letter advising them to evacuate, more nests were found near their area and already 7 people had been killed. So there they were, walking to no real destination in the forest that was located behind their house.

"Phil," Dan breathed out of the blue, his voice hazy and Phil was surprised by the sudden attention and the stare that was burning into him.

"Dan?"

One blink.

It's all it took, one blink, just a movement of the eyelid and Phil found himself walking through the abandoned city, next to Dan.

"Yeah?" Dan asked.

What.

Phil felt his heart beat faster, the muscle contracting in his chest and his breath was tight and his head hurt with each thought.

He wanted to say the word.

"N..... nothi-"

Another blink and he was in the forest again.

Every single fibre of his being was telling him that something was wrong but his head was clouded and his thoughts were no longer clear.

The thing is, his head was clouded with what seemed like the same mist that surrounded them and the mist seemed to seep into both their bones giving hallucinations.

Blink.

He's at home with Dan.

Dan's holding out a notebook with 'Are you hungry?' messily scribbled on the lined paper.

Blink.

Dan's face is in front of his and everything seemed to move in slow motion. Dan's mouth is moving with no sound and his face is scrunched in a pained expression and the sounds around Phil is just ringing at a high rate and he can't breathe and he can't move.

Every fibre of his being is slipping from the fabric of reality.

His mind feels blank with nothing and his body feels numb and Dans face in front of his is blurring and doubling until he feels nothing.

He's not breathing.

His body feels empty and every cell in his body seemed to have vanished.

He feels he's floating. Floating in space.

In utter bliss.

His heart beats once.

His lungs fill with oxygen again and his eyes shoot open. Dan isn't in his face anymore and the tops of the trees are clear. A heavy wind blows over him and the leaves rustle and he breathes out. He feels as if his breath could contain a billion stars and he fills his lung with air again, his body slowly relaxing.

Dan.

He sits up, his hair falling into his eyes and he scans the place for Dan but he's not there. In fact the whole forest isn't breathing but the wind. Everything feels dead.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm rly sorry but another short chapter, I'm working in chapter 11 right now and it's going to be a big one woo.