Chapter 11

Oh God. This boy was crazy. And I was stuck in the middle, “What does your fucking grudge have to do with me?!”

He smiled and leaned so close to my ear that I could feel his cold as stone breath against my neck, “He loves you Keira, he needs you and just like he did to me, I’m gonna break him down, by stealing the world from him . . .”

I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t move, and the only thing I could think was, ‘Oh shit, Peter! Fuck, he was in trouble, and I was the problem.’

I heard the siren go off and he moved away, and as he ran out onto the field he yelled back to me, “He’s gonna break Keira, tonight!”

I stood, frozen solid, oh shit! I had to tell Peter.

I don’t care if he listened to me for a minute and then never spoke to me again, he had to listen!

I sat in the bleachers, stuck in the middle of the shouts of my fellow students roaring for Peter, the captain, and Chad, the co-captain. And both of them, stole looks at me, especially Chad.

When the bell for half time rang, I ran down to the field to try and catch Peter before they went into the locker room. I ran at lightning speed, and found them lining up to get into the locker room. They were sweating like pigs and all had big huge smiles on their faces.

Why wouldn’t they be smiling?

The score was 30 to 27.

I saw Peter laughing while trudging into the locker room. I didn’t even think while I ran up to him.

“Peter!” I shouted his name. He flashed his eyes at me and then frowned. I knew that I had hurt him, but still, he needed to hear this. “Peter! Wait! Please!” I shouted again.

He ignored me and pushed his way through the players.

Oh, no.

I saw Chad stalk up to me and whisper into my ear, “Want some friction in bewteen your legs sexy?”

I shivered and ran into the bleachers, almost in tears. Chad was an ASSHOLE!! How could he do something like that to Peter?!

Wait, what exactly did Peter do to make Chad so angry? Was it even Peter’s fault?

It doesn’t matter, Peter was going to get hurt, and it was going to be all my fault.

I was going to get hurt, and that was going to my fault too.

God, I’m just a big screw up!

I was jumpy in my seat, when the last few seconds of the game ticked away.

Then, as the last five seconds began to slowly pass, and the people standing beside me stood up in anticipation, I began to realize that Peter wouldn’t be able to talk to me after the game.

I would have to get him away from the after-party, I’d go home and call him and tell him to come home, FAST!

Then the bell sounded and the people in the stands threw up their hands in relief and began shouted and whooping for joy.

Trojans beat the Wildcats 37 to 27.

We had won.

The last touchdown pass thrown by Chad, the co-captain. The last touchdown pass caught by Peter, the captain.

I immediately got up and shoved my way through the cheering fans. Fear ran through me when I saw Chad staying a close distance to Peter. I definitely had no chance to get to Peter now, and Chad knew it.