CHAPTER 3

After Eben and I dried ourselves we headed to his pack house in silence. Not because it was awkward but because we were tired after all the fighting!

"We're almost there." Eben said looking forward. "Okay." I didn't know what else to say! I am kind of nervous to meet his pack... Even though he said not to worry about them I am still a little frightened.

Eben must have felt how nervous I was since he asked "Is something wrong?" He looked at me while walking.

"No. It's fine!" I didn't look at him scared that he'll notice I'm lying.

"You can't lie to your mate!" He says looking forward again.

"So, you might as well just tell me." The Sun started setting making the Skye a pink/peach colour.

"I'm just a little nervous... I haven't been in a pack territory for years..." I say looking at the Skye.

"Like I said earlier you'll like it there!

You seem to like the sun set... why don't we watch it together tomorrow night? I have the perfect spot the that!" Eben cheerfully smiled at me.

"Um... sure! I don't see why not." I smiled back at him and it was like sparks flew out of him. I can Feel how happy he is and it makes me happy!

We walked the rest of the way talking about food we like and dislike, places we want to see, people we want to meet and what skills we have. Turns out my mate can cook!

We walked for about half an hour until Eben said "Welcome to Moon stone pack territory! Everyone's waiting for us at the pack house!" Eben gave me a reassuring smile and nodded at me.

I smiled back and walked forward.

There are little cottages and children running around them chasing each other and laughing. And a little farther away in the distance I could see a huge grey building with a white door and white windows. That must be the pack house.

I only realized that I stopped walking when Eben put his gentle hand on my back and spoke "keep going!" I looked at him but he kept looking at what I guessed is the pack house.

Looking back at the big building I started walking again. We passed A bunch of cottages all in different sizes. Not all of them had children playing outside of them. Some were empty and some just had couples or elderly in them.

We finally reached the huge pack house. Eben opened the door for me to go in and when he did the building was empty. "Um... where is your pack?" Eben didn't seem to bothered about this.

"I told them not to come here or to stay in their rooms until tomorrow. I thought you might want to be alone first..." He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back at Eben but I know he could tell it was forced since he said "I'll take you to our room."

"Our. He said our room!" Aivlee sounds just as nervous as I do!

"Umm... we're sharing?" I tried not to sound nervous but I failed because my voice made a high pitch sound when I spoke.

"Yeah. Is there a problem?" Eben growled at me and I flinched. He immediately looked sad. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! It's just that an alpha needs his Luna! Otherwise he won't be able to lead his pack correctly and the pack will be devastated!" Eben frowned at me then turned around.

He took my hand and led me up two flights of oak wood stairs. When we reached the top the scent of high ranked wolves was everywhere making me stop in my tracks.

"Please don't keep stopping!" Eben sounds annoyed. "I um... sorry. But I can't do this!" I turned around and started sprinting down the stairs Ebens footsteps right behind me.

I ran out the door and sprinted for the woods. Eben was catching up making me go even faster. It wasn't long until I heard a bunch of guards joining the race.

I shifted as fast as I could not caring about shredding my clothes. The other wolves along with Even did the same. Although their wolf forms aren't as fit as mine since I've been on the run for years and they only run short distances for training.

I could hear them falling behind and Eben growled making me slightly jump. That was even more motivation to get away from here. I was concentrating on the wolves behind me that I didn't hear the wolf that cane from my right side.

It tackled me. I was waiting for the bites and the scraping of sharp claws but nothing happened. When I opened my eyes, I saw a brown wolf with dark grey eyes staring at me. Judging by his scent he's not Eben.

I tried to get loose of him but he just pushed down harder on me. "I said no! I reject you!!" I screamed at the wolf that smells most like Eben.

Eben shifted back and came closer to me then said "I reject you rejecting me!" The other wolves shifted back and so did I. A young girl about thirteen years old came running to us and handed us each a blanket then respectfully bowed at Eben and left.

"You can make me stay with you!" I yelled again.

"I swear I will put a shock collar on you if that's what it takes! You now belong to me! Is that clear?" I just stared at him not making a sound.

He took me by the arm and dragged me back to the pack house.

When we got to the room, I just ran away from Eben opened the door and shoved me inside. "Now that we are alone, I want to make one thing clear to you! What I say goes. Doesn't matter if you're a rogue or a Luna! And another thing I don't like repeating myself! So, take this as a warning!" I looked at Eben with terror in my eyes.

I now know why he is one of the most respected alphas known and that he has a bad side.

Eben turned around and went into a room that looks like it could be a bathroom. Leaving me here on the hard-oak wood floor.

____________________________________________

Hi yall! Please vote on chapters. Follow me for notifications.

Love you guys!

-Leané