Comfort

(Art on top was done by me @_kyle_b_sanders on Instagram

         Midoriya looked up in surprise. Did he hear that right? Him and Shinsou? The boy was completely shocked. His leg started to jump up and down, up and down.
    "Hm." Shinsou shrugged. The boy with purple hair got up from his seat and walked over to Midoriya. He grabbed a seat from another desk that wasn't being used. Midoriya jumped at this, his leg still moving up and down. The green haired boy looked down and said hello. Shinsou smirked and sat down. Now the worst thing about this was, Shinsou and Midoriya did not have the best relationship. Why, you may ask. Well it's because Shinsou was Denki's ex.
They dated for a few months. But it ended because Shinsou didn't talk to Denki. To the point where if Denki would call, Shinsou would pick his phone and ignore it. Mainly because he couldn't bring himself to talk to him anymore. Denki did nothing wrong, and Shinsou knew that. But even then, he still couldn't talk to him. And just like that, they broke up. It was somewhat mutual. But Denki was the first one to say it. Now, Midoriya, Denki's new boyfriend, now had to be partnered with Shinsou, Denki's ex boyfriend. Great, what an amazing pair.
The students all walked outside where the courses were. They were greeted by the same training space they used last year, with different terrains, different obstacles, and now different classmates. All Might told everyone where he wanted the pairs to be. One by one the pairs of kids went off into their terrains to train. They each needed to have at the very least one move they created on their own. One move that involved both of their quirks. That was the assignment. Now for Midoriya and Shinsou, that was going to be a problem.
    "You will have all of class to finish the assignment! I will be walking around checking in on all of you and try to help in any way I can! Make sure to do your best!" All Might instructed. Midoriya looked worried, while Shinsou did not seem fazed at all. But the again, he never did. He was very blank usually. Blank expression, no emotion, nothing. The only emotions he did show was frustration and happiness (rarely). Other than that, he was very blank. Midoriya looked over at the boy with purple hair. The boy with freckles slowly but surely walked over to his paired partner. He tapped his shoulder,
    "H-Hey..! We should probably try and see what we can come up with and discuss things like-" Midoriya was cut off by Shinsou.
    "We don't need to do anything." Shinsou said in the most cold you could imagine. He then looked away and started to walk away from the freckled boy. Midoriya's face went blank. He furrowed his eyebrows and started to follow the cold voiced boy. He couldn't give up on this assignment. What would All Might think of him if he couldn't even get someone to work with him. He finally caught up to Shinsou, he tapped his shoulder once more.
    "Hey man I know we're not the best of friends but we still need to do this assignment. All Might told us to do it so we have to. Now listen, I think what could work is if we-"
    "You don't understand "No" do you?" Shinsou caught Midoriya off guard. He looked deep into his eyes. "I don't feel the need for coming up with a new power that we're never going to use. Being logical, we'll never interact with each other again. You're going to start avoiding me once this is done anyways. And I don't blame you. It's better if we don't talk to each other anyways." Wow. That was a lot for Midoriya to take in. He knew they didn't have the best relationship but he didn't think it was that bad. Midoriya shut his mouth shut and looked at Shinsou, fear in his eyes. Shinsou looks back, he then looked away and walked away. Midoriya stood in confusion. Midoriya couldn't move, he blinked a few times, and then looked at.
He didn't know what to do. He walked into a corner and got out his phone. He immediately texted his boyfriend, Denki.
Me: Babe, do you wanna skip class? I know it isn't like me to ask you
something like this but something just happened and i just can't right now.
Love4all: yes yes of course love, one moment okay? Just hang tight
sweetie, meet me at in the bathroom
Me: thank you hun, thank you
Midoriya wiped his face from his tears. He looked around to see if All Might was
around. He slowly gets up and holds in phone close to his chest. He walked off, found the door that lead to the bathroom, opened the door, and waited for his boyfriend to arrive. He tried to calm down and breathe. He thought of his boyfriend to calm down, but he just couldn't breathe right. He started to shake and he held his chest. Then, finally, his boyfriend opens the door.
        "Midoriya? Midoriya!" Denki found his boyfriend shaking. He knew he was having an anxiety attack.
        "K-Kaminari..." The green haired boy wepted. He started to cry and clinged onto his boyfriend. The blonde boy hugged the crying boy and held him close.
        "It's ok love, I'm here sweetie. Just breathe for me love.." Denki comforted his green haired boyfriend. Midoriya started to try to breathe. He held onto his blonde boyfriend and wiped his tears. Denki looked down at his boyfriend, he wiped the green haired boy's tears. He slowly got down to a sitting position. Now the two boys were sitting down and hugging. They stayed like that for about 10 minutes.
        "I-I'm so sorry babe... I'm wasting your time.. I'm sorry.." The green haired boy whimpered. He clinged onto his boyfriend's jacket. He had finally caught his breath.
        "Don't worry love, you're not wasting my time at all. I love being with you," Denki kissed Midoriya, "Let's go back to my dorm. It's safe there." The boys got up and walked to Denki's  dorm.