Dances And Fistfights

"Yah, fo' devil's sake! I'm comin'!" I yelled as someone didn't stop knocking at the front door and because I couldn't recover within seven minutes and wasn't as fast as usual.

I opened the door and stared at Batman. "WHAT?!" I screamed at him in annoyance. "WhatWhatWhat?!" My voice became even louder and I made fists before grabbing his stupid, pointy ears and pulled his head closer. "Whadda fuck is ta matter with ya, stupid bat? I heard the first knock!"

Surprised at my anger, Batman widened his eyes and removed my hands from his ears. "I guess I need your help." He explained and I just walked back while staring at him in anger before slamming the door in his face.

"Black Seven, listen, it's really important!" Batman kept talking and I growled, the pain in my head and stomach making me more aggressive than I already was. "Back the HELL off!" I yelled back and grabbed a bottle of water from a table.

Instead of doing so, Batman kicked the door open and stared at me, almost begging. But I just turned around, throwing the damn water bottle at him, knowing he'd catch it but I was just too outraged right now.

"Now ya ruin mah door? Get. OUT! Or I'm gonna smash both o' yer collar bones!" My patience was almost down to zero but I still tried to calm down.

"Listen, I need to find something out. It involves you, too! And to do that, I need someone to come with me to the Dollmaker." The bat explained and I started laughing, making him stand as if he was shocked.

My bad mood was gone and I smiled. "I'm not gonna go there again, ta moron made me look as he cut my belly open. Nah, thanks!"

Batman narrowed his eyes in confusion. "Again?" He closed the damaged door and I sighed, looking at the ceiling. "Yah, been there taday. Still not amused, hehe."

"Nevertheless, I'm gonna go upstairs now, I have work ta do. Ya know da way out, eh?" I already turned around, feeling like this conversation was over but Batsy obviously thought otherwise.

"Come on, Black Seven, I really need you to help me. I'd take Nightwing with me but it turned out his injuries are worse than we thought." He stared at me, almost begging.

"No! I'm not comin' with ya!" Why did he think I wanted to help him? I had a life, too and it wasn't my job to help the Batman.

Instead of giving up, he sighed, then explained: "I think that...someone I had big trouble with might be still around."

Putting my pointer finger and thumb between my eyes, I sighed. "None o' my business. Ya are a big, smart guy, you'll figure somethin' out."

"I'll do whatever the hell you want, but please, come with me!" As much as I enjoyed him being so desperate for help, I was done with his whiny personality. "I'll brush yer shoes, I'll kill yer enemies, I'll even clean yer house, but please, pleeease, leave me the hell alone!" I kneeled down and looked at him with begging eyes. "All I want is ta go upstairs an' think of ways ta help Harley, is that too much?"

The Batman just stood there with his dumb emotionless face and growled, saying that he rarely needed somebody else's help. "An' I should care because...?" I crooked my head and he explained: "If the day comes when you need help, I'll be more than happy to help you, but right now, this one is a problem for both of us."

"You? Happy?" I laughed harder than I should have while I stood up. "Ya fight Killer Croc an' Scarecrow on a weekly basis. Yet ya can't make a single guy talk? Ya ain't no Batman, ya are a coward!" I said after I managed to calm down before I walked towards the stairs.

"Please, Black Seven." Batman asked again but I shook my head as suddenly, a thought crossed my mind and I stopped walking upstairs, leaning against the stairwell.